Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Flickr or Photobucket?

Hi everone,

Novice Rob here. Thinking of joining Flickr or Photobucket but which one is the best in terms of easy to use, uploading images to this site & others in the form of more then one at a time? Just hope I am on the right forum for this my question...lol...

Many thanks in advance for your opinions.

Rob

I have about 4 Pb accounts, all full, easier to post images from but the images seem to be of lesser quality compared to Flickr? (or is that just me?), Flickr gives you a boat load more storage for free.

Many thanks so it might just be flickr then. Could you please tell me how you post a image & quotes on your page because I think the picture with the bridge is stunning!

Hi everone,

Novice Rob here. Thinking of joining Flickr or Photobucket but which one is the best in terms of easy to use, uploading images to this site & others in the form of more then one at a time? Just hope I am on the right forum for this my question...lol...

Many thanks in advance for your opinions.

Rob

I loathe Photobucket with a vengeance. It's not only counter-intuitive to use, but I hate the way it takes about 10 clicks to upload a picture here via PB, where uploading direct here is 2 or 3 clicks only. Flickr I haven't used, but I've heard several people say it's a great place to have people steal your work from. Facebook is more private and there's no (realistic) size restrictions.

I have both Flickr and Photobucket accounts. I use Photobucket for sharing on this forum, but despite only being here for a short while, Photobucket has given me warning that my storage is 85% full. My Flickr account is unlimited so I may use that for sharing in future, but I tend to use it as a show space for my best pics.

I loathe Photobucket with a vengeance. It's not only counter-intuitive to use, but I hate the way it takes about 10 clicks to upload a picture here via PB, where uploading direct here is 2 or 3 clicks only.

really ???  

Somehow I can't see you being too keen on Flickr either   :hope:

Edited by colinb

PB for me

I store my images on external harddrives and only upload to PB (at most 1meg) images that will go to forums

To download to here, highlight direct under the image on PB, click right button and copy then come back to tipf and select topic and click start new topic , click on image symbol, click right button and paste, click okay and bobs your auntie its on here

Dont notice any real degregation other than what the low meg value will give

Other sites I use image copy on PB and paste that direct into the thread

Want more than one in a thread just do it again under the last image

Edited by fuzzyedges

I loathe Photobucket with a vengeance. It's not only counter-intuitive to use, but I hate the way it takes about 10 clicks to upload a picture here via PB, where uploading direct here is 2 or 3 clicks only. Flickr I haven't used, but I've heard several people say it's a great place to have people steal your work from. Facebook is more private and there's no (realistic) size restrictions.

If people steel work from flick, then should I watermark if I do decide to use any sharing site? I loathe facebook & would never use it as it is a law to it self! Always in the news for the wrong reasons as there are to many bad people on facebook.  Thanks for all your input as it is appreciated.

Watermarking is easily got around

Best I can offer is upload a low res image this at least stops it being printed large

Some thieves are very clever most are very stupid but both are scum

Yes, I concur. Only ever post medium size pictures (at the most) online. If anyone steals it and then claims it's theirs, you can prove them wrong by your ownership of the full size version, which they won't have.

if you dont want to risk your images being stolen dont post them online. I've had a couple stolen and charged the companies that did it so I got paid. I tend to upload direct to here, sometimes I link from flickr and sometimes from my own web hosting space.