Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Playing with Lightroom5, will she like it?

Martyn

This is a picture of a friend that I took when I first got my camera. I've been watching loads of Lightroom5 tutorials on Youtube and this is the results of an attempted makeover. What do you think? Not sure about the hair though, maybe I've made it worse.

Before_zps9a7eb980.jpg

_DSC0979_zps37fb2992.jpg

I love Lightroom 5, no woman likes to see her grey hair accentuated! Also i think you went a bit far with the skin smoothing brush, it's personal taste at the end of the day but i think a face should match the age. You bought the background back spot on, the face looks ok light wise. I would just revise the smoothing of the skin and maybe redarken the hair. Some good tutoring at jkost.com what she doesn't know about Lightroom isn't worth knowing. Love the radial filter brush in the new version.

OOPS! Coming back to the picture again after having my tea, I can't believe the difference. I really must get into the habit of having a cooling off period before I post images. Just glad I didn't overcook my tea like that!

Thank you for the input guys, really appreciated. One good thing that's come out of this is that I've had loads of practice at using the healing tool and the brush tool, hopefully this will stand me in good stead for my next project!

Edited by Martyn

If you subscribe to the Lightroom channel free on YouTube there are some cracking tutorials on there and i learnt some really good short cuts and features i didn't know were there. There is one for 10 hidden features which was interesting. The good news is you can click on the pin and scale the skin back a bit quite easy.

• Like 1

right you want my opinion??

her eyes look fantastic in the edit :)

now for the rest of it I think if she had approached you for a glamour portrait to hang on her wall then the edit would be top notch (if she was posed and dressed up ect)

as a candid I'm not sure she will like it, 

Like I said this is just MY opinion,but what do I know? :)

• Like 1

I think the edit would have been suited to a younger woman, but maybe you could do a similar thing but with more transparency so the natural lines show though.
The background is fantastic,

I wonder if you could put the original shot over the other  as a layer or the other way round and bring the lines gently through. The people who know about these things might be able to point you in the right direction.
At my age, I have lines and would feel like mutton dressed as lamb if I plastered make-up on to cover them up so the same thing would apply in a pic..

over the top yes, but if you take your edit and your original and blend both layers, and reduce the top layers opacity to 50% (ish) ...

(just read Nannys post ^ who must have posted as I was doing just that - spooooky or what)

both.jpg

Click image to view large

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1

Can't do layers in Lightroom at all, you work with an adjustment brush. But by scaling (editing the brush pin) back the you can achieve the same result. Unless you export it to Photoshop but i find i can do most things directly in Lightroom. You don't flatten layers and stuff in Lightroom everything is editable and reversible