Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Laura (again)

Leon

Not so much a crop as a cloning job to get rid of the people on the beach behind her head, or at least to get rid of that dot of blue.

I think the only crop, in from the right, would probably leave her a bit cramped in the frame because she's looking at us, not out of the frame where you might need the illusion of more space from cropping the right.

Seeing as you were taking a portrait of her try to think of the background, pose and light.

Light - Use something to bounce the light back onto her.

Pose - You would of been better positioning her so that her right shoulder was more visible.  This would of reduced the turn of her head which in turn gives the neck a more flattering look for a woman.  Its not so bad here as her hair is covering more of the neck .  I would then of leaned her forward slightly from the hip unless it was a full length shot then i would of had her bending her leading leg, hand on hip and arching her back slightly.  This will force her bum and chest out creating a more flattering look for a woman.

BG - Before you start shooting choose your backgrounds and try different ones, you'll be surprised what BG work when you don't think they will.  Also don't feel you have to stay in one position, move about your subject.

Hope I have been of help.

Seeing as you were taking a portrait of her try to think of the background, pose and light.

Light - Use something to bounce the light back onto her.

Pose - You would of been better positioning her so that her right shoulder was more visible.  This would of reduced the turn of her head which in turn gives the neck a more flattering look for a woman.  Its not so bad here as her hair is covering more of the neck .  I would then of leaned her forward slightly from the hip unless it was a full length shot then i would of had her bending her leading leg, hand on hip and arching her back slightly.  This will force her bum and chest out creating a more flattering look for a woman.

BG - Before you start shooting choose your backgrounds and try different ones, you'll be surprised what BG work when you don't think they will.  Also don't feel you have to stay in one position, move about your subject.

Hope I have been of help.

ahh, my wife hates having her picture taken point blank, so when I see something nice I have to take the chance there and then, I should have explained this, I have milliseconds to fire off some goodies :)

If you can be bothered look through my posts and see, shots of my wifey are rare which is a shame cos I think she's a looker  :blushing: :)

Great shot I know the issue of getting a shot of some one that hates cameras, I agree with what mr snaps said, if it was a proper shoot rather than a candid holiday shot, as a candid holiday shot just clone the bods in the background out

I've had a little play.

The crop is always going to be down to personal preference, I've taken a little from the top and left.

I know you're not a PS kinda guy but I've taken the liberty of brightening, adding vibrance and a few other minor tweaks. The main emphasis has been to draw attention to those brown eyes :yes

I do and she's quite chuffed with it, might get it printed tomorrow and framed :)

It's so special to have a picture on display that you have shot yourself. 

A few weeks ago, you were doubting yourself and thought you had bought duff equipment, but you have come  a long way since then.

I think Laura will be proud to tell people that her hubby took the picture.

Keep up the good work, and if you don't want to do complicated editing, why not give Picasa a go until you get the feel of it.

Archived