Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The glass bead game

ChrisLumix

Which of these two shots works best, do you think? One was shot close to, at full wideangle (27mm), the other was shot from higher above but zoomed in to give the same size composition. (Try and ignore the different colour balance - easily balanced out if needs be).

post-677-0-40900100-1376923557.jpg

top one gives a more abstract image to me, which i prefer. It takes me a few minutes to register what im looking at, where as the 2nd one i can see straight away that its beads in a glass jar... so depends what your trying to achieve with your image i guess 

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately I had no choice about background as this was at a friend's house! It might be possible to add the occasional coloured bead in Photoshop - that's a challenge I'll have a look at. 

I myself prefer the top picture, mainly for the stronger contrast between the jar rim and everything else.

Hi, I have chosen:

No 1 because I particularly like the pattern from the marble showing through the glass beads.....adds a diverse interest. Also, the beads are more spaced out in this one.

No 2 is acceptable to 'my' eye, but I fear the beads appear to bunched together and don't seem as clear as number 1.

Having said the above, it would be interesting to see the same shot again, but with a darker base.  Not necessarily black, but a plain darker solid base.

Well done.  :yes

Ok, I've had a go at adding one or two coloured beads. My first attempts were awful, so unrealistic. So I Googled an image of some coloured glass beads and dropped a couple into the image. Does it add to it, or not? (The position and hue of the two surface beads can be changed easily enough, in Photoshop).

post-677-0-94783500-1377005110.jpg

(I fear that changing the background, and making it look natural, is beyond my capabilities).

Archived