Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

HEEEEEELLLP!

Phil

It was my sisters wedding yesterday and almost straight away my external flash decided not to play ball! It wasn't a particularly formal affair so there was no official photographer... Just me. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. :(

Anyway, it was either on-board flash or high ISO.

This one of the couple signing the register is one I'm particularly keen to get right. What I'm after is for you PS experts out there to work your magic, both are big files to give you the best chance.

If you do have a go please include your workflow so I can follow should I like what I see :yes

Don't worry about posting at full size as I will obviously be working on the RAW file.

Both are straight from camera with no editing.

First, no flash.

9540515552_856dc0119c_o.jpg

Second, with flash.

9537731555_6f9a266334_o.jpg

phil how does this look?

I have tried to keep it simple, started by burning the desk area I set the lasso 20 pixel feather, set burn to 'highlights' exposure 20% - this will darken the desk.

Then -image/adjustments/auto levels -I also pulled the slider in on levels a tad from the left.

one problem I can't save the edit as a jepg for some reason? So this has been save as a png.

forgot to add ... the other picture looks very blown out on the desk, I can have a go but I don't think it will look very good.

Philspic1.png

Click image to view large

Edited by colinb

similar with this one, darkened the window area and table using the lasso tool and levels.

and I dropped the saturation a little on this one

... when I post the right file (cloned off a mark on the wall too)

Philspic2edit-1.jpg

Edited by colinb

I couldn't work on the large pictures as this forum won't let me 'swipe' them, so this is my efforts on the small pictures instead. (Edit: my mistake = 'swiping' the small picture actually copied the large picture to my desktop so I had to reduce it down from 4MB !!!!)

For the first, I did the following :

1. In Shadows/Highlights I reduced the highlights about 50%
  2. I cooled the temperature a little (it was too red)
  3. and adjusted the tint away from magenta and towards green, a little, also to improve the colour balance

post-677-0-55421400-1376857409.jpg

For the second, it was much easier. I just brought out detail using the Shadows slider, nothing else.

post-677-0-29962700-1376857557.jpg

(looking at final result and comparing it with the first shot, I'd actually up the levels a bit (highlights) and adjust the colour balance a bit more, away from red)).

Edited by ChrisLumix