Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A sip of fine wine..........

Beth

Hellooo......taken using my iPhone 4.  Ive tried a black and white conversion, but it just didn't look right.  Colour seems to look best.  

Not sure what I could do with the bright light in the base, as I'm not au fait with Photoshop yet lol.  It was taken quickly, but I like the colour that it gives.

Feel free to offer C&C etc .  :yes Where else can I go to host pics please? 

IMG_2678mobwine.jpg

Click image to view large

I like this but I would prefer the glass to be further to the left. Maybe instead of the lamp you could try a candle; one of those that come ready made in a jam jar (ok, I'm a bloke, I don't know what they call 'em).  I suggest you drink this glass of wine then pour yourself another and recompose the shot; repeat ad lib until you are happy!

Seriously, I think this is a good picture, but you need to play around with the composition. Try landscape too. Hmm, lower wattage bulb might work, maybe include the bottle!

Lovely shot, Beth.

I think the warm light looks good but like you said, the base of the lamp is a bit distracting as it draws you eye to the base instead of your arrangement. 

I agree with Martin. It would look brilliant with a candle in a jar, and maybe shoot with your D3200 as you will be able to adjust more to your satisfaction.
It's nice to see you posting and enjoying your photography with whatever camera you use.

I wonder if you had put your glass down and then seen the opportunity for a picture. Maybe you could make this a rainy day project for a still life shot. You could start collecting items that may contribute towards that; an angle poise lamp, a white card to use as a reflector, candles, bottle, small portrait of a loved one, a single flower etc, all for experimenting with as accessories. Maybe a dark cloth to cover the table top to avoid the reflection.

This is quickly turning into a studio shot, but it's certainly given me a few ideas for a picture! :yes

Aww, thanks both for your feedback, much appreciated.

This wasn't a precomposed shot.....I just placed my glass down after sitting down, and the ambience of the room and glow from the light together with the glass of wine, just made me want to take the pic.

Naturally, I would compose differently if I was to take this again.

Martyn: I have a few different kinds of backdrops and a cube, (where I shot the dandelion pic), but I had tonnes more time on my hands then, than I have now to practice and play.  :no I'm slowly getting back into it though, but I'm lucky if I get a couple hours on the weekend to chill out with my camera.  

I thoroughly enjoy doing the still shots and there is so much scope too depending what the subject may be. 

I think we all need a little bit of inspiration and I'm receiving that from you all on here.  Thank you.  :yes

If you have Photoshop, the way to deal with the bright lamp is to use the Shadows/Highlights sliders (it's in different menus depending whether you have the full P/Shop, or Elements).

The Shadows slider brings out detail from shadows - in your case you probably want to move that to zero, i.e. leave unchanged. 

The Highlights slider reduces the highlights, or tries to. It sometimes does have a useful effect, though not as much as dealing with a RAW shot. So you could try moving the Highlights slider and see if it improves your shot. Don't overdo it though. 

Archived