Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Beautiful countryside in Wales

Beth

I took this last month when we had that little bit of lovely weather.  Went off in the car and took a few pics....quite therapeutic lol.

Took a couple of shots, but this one reflected the rays on the field. Comments and critique are welcome.

DSC_0178.jpg

Well Beth, you asked for it! I like this picture, it's a lovely scene, nice lead in to the centre of the picture with the lane, sky well exposed with interesting clouds and a good memory of a good walk.

BUT, (please bear in mind that I'm a newby to real photography, and just because I can type fast doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about)

If I had been looking at this scene I would have got down on the ground for a lower angle and tried to include some foreground interest, maybe a flower or stones. A lower viewpoint may have resulted in the sides of the track leading in from the bottom corners of the frame to give more perspective. I would also have tried stepping to one side to allow the track to form a diagonal in the picture rather than cutting it in half as it does now. I think it's sheep I can see in the distance, I would have walked closer and maybe got those as foreground or middle distance interest.

As for post processing I use Nikon View NX2. I would reduce the darkness in the trees by sliding up the shadow protection. Maybe a little bit of colour boost to enrich the sky but not too much or the grass will look unnatural. Sharpness would have a boost. Then a fiddle with the contrast and brightness, but making sure not to overdo the highlights in the clouds.

Well I hope I haven't pressed the "wrong button" :cool:  are we still on speaking terms Beth? :phew:

I like it, but (hypocritical comment coming) I think it needs a boost somehow?

I'm just about to buy either a CPL or Circular graduated  filter, they give a better sky plus you fool the camera into a slightly different exposure giving better foreground colours (please correct me if I'm wrong on this)  

Thank you Martyn and Mrwall...............this is the kind of feedback/critique I need and want.

I think I mentioned in an earlier post few weeks ago, that I'm always hesitant to alter an original photo.  Though having said that, I realise that some images need a slight enhancement etc, so I am starting to maybe add a little sharpness, contrast to my pics, but still feel as if I'm cheating...

I did it many times years ago without really feeling as strong as this about editing.......why this is happening now, I do not know.  Maybe due to changes in my life.....plus the reuniting with this favourite hobby.....I don't know.

Martyn:

I have to say (and I am being honest, (re my comment in the 'I like button' post lol), that I agree with what you have said above and can picture it in my head what you said too.  

However, (not a BUT lol), This land was private property and there was a very sturdy gate surrounding the entrance to the land, so I couldn't enter onto the land in order to feel at ease with composition.  :unsure: I was therefore at chin level, (I'm only 5'4") lol, so rested the camera on the gate.  I looked around to my left and right, but from that level there wasn't any point in taking any pics.

Plus, I wanted to take the shot like this, as although there is a windey path, I wanted the focus to be kind of central, outward and upward, ha ha.

I agree it needs a boost too.  I'll see if I can have a go later or over the weekend and upload another 'enhanced' one lol, but I value your comments, everyones' comments, so always say what you think.  :yes 

Oh and Martyn........you've pressed all the right 'buttons', so don't worry, lol. :rofl:

However, (not a BUT lol), This land was private property and there was a very sturdy gate surrounding the entrance to the land, so I couldn't enter onto the land in order to feel at ease with composition.  :unsure: I was therefore at chin level, (I'm only 5'4") lol, so rested the camera on the gate.  I looked around to my left and right, but from that level there wasn't any point in taking any pics.

The thought did go through my mind that you were stood behind a gate. You should try Scotland where you have the right to roam!

I think I mentioned in an earlier post few weeks ago, that I'm always hesitant to alter an original photo.  Though having said that, I realise that some images need a slight enhancement etc, so I am starting to maybe add a little sharpness, contrast to my pics, but still feel as if I'm cheating...

I did it many times years ago without really feeling as strong as this about editing.......why this is happening now, I do not know.  Maybe due to changes in my life.....plus the reuniting with this favourite hobby.....I don't know.

I too was very against re touching and editing photos, but I always wondered how other people had such colourful vibrant pictures. I think we hardly ever see an untouched photo in the press, adverts, magazines etc. we have become so accustomed to seeing "larger than life" photographs that the ones we take just don't cut it. At first I thought I was cheating, but now I always try to get the sky as blue as possible.

Another reason to process our images is because when we upload them to our Myface and Spacebucket, then link them to a web site, they get compressed and loose something that makes them look drab again.

Archived