Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

See Through (and let there be light) (+1 added)

Maybe a slightly boring photo / location but it's a job, I can't really post the full set but I thought one or two of you might find this interesting (or maybe not). 

This is a glass screen that has been installed inside a church somewhere in Leicestershire.

Quite a nice thing, as you can see in the photo there is a double door centre and you can’t see the floor mounts on the side panels all rather impressive, the street you can see is behind me and a reflection off the glass and the church doorway has a similar screen, although not as wide.

Can’t help but wonder how long it will be before a young child runs into it and they cover it with posters and stuff. There are 3 floors in total and a lot of glass and personally I would like to see it once the restoration has been completed, not sure I’ll get the chance but who knows.

both can be viewed large

glassscreen.jpg

Oh...

and I couldn’t resist a sneaky arty(?) shot of the lighting 

lights.jpg

I'll sneak one more in...

this is looking up from the ground floor in the entrance hall

Up.jpg

Edited by colinb
  • Like 2

Buggy - through the doors is the main church hall, as yet there is no furniture or finished flooring. The new picture I've added is just back from the glass screen, you can just see some ceiling spots at the bottom of the 3rd pic that are the same as the 1st pic (if that makes any sense?)

• Like 1

One of our churchs has had this treatment its good to see how the modern is blended into the old. It seems to lift the old

No2 I like although I think the image would be  stronger in the last 5 lamps with the banding if the first oof light was missing

Dave the glass panels have two lines of grey dots across them (see larger file) one line just above the door handle height and one lower down.

White wash etc isn't really used on this kind of thing in case the glass is scratched by the application or removal.

Fuzzy - I do have a cropped version of the lights,  but prefer the feel/look that one was directly above your head.

Edited by colinb