Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Wheat Fields of Mont St Jean

kev7d

If you are interested in this kind of thing, there is quite a bit to do. There are a good dew museums to visit. If not interested, you may get pretty bored!

I want to go back again as the attractions that I have not seen were so full at the time of my last visit on the 200th anniversary in 2015.

The French artillery attack:

20840554332_af6ba39658_b.jpg

I find warfare in general interesting, though I think there was much more strategy involved in these battles than the more modern stuff. You couldn't exactly soften the enemy up with a dozen F16's before sending the ground troops. I've never really looked into this, but I guess the teamwork between the artillery, cavalry and foot soldiers was quite a skill. Unless the Field Marshal just shouted CHARGE! 

Bonaparte was the complete strategist and was trained in the artillery. Yes, the relationship between the cavalry, infantry and artillery in the late 1700's and early 1800's was key. Bonaparte changed warfare. He created what became known as the Core. Each Core was self sufficient with a blended balance of cavalry, infantry and artillery. Each Core would March independently but would always be in reasonable proximity to the other Core groups. If the sound of guns were heard, each Core would March in the direction of the Canon to a massive effect. Each individual Core was faster in isolation. Napoleon created the forced March. Troops were trained to cover long distances in minimal time and surprise the allies. He would deploy his major tactic against the allies - beat one ally before they had time to join another ally. The allied forces were always greater in number. He would then turn on the remaining ally. He would always concentrate his force on the weakest part of the enemy line to break the line and out flank his opponents. 

28448978074_e77787bce7_b.jpg

Archived