Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Testing the D3200 on it's First Female Model!

Hi - I have only taken a few pics with my new toy lol.

If I'm honest, I'm quite nervous of it.

But, I know it's new and with familiarization and using it often, I'm sure I'll be fine.  

I just don't know enough about apertures and shutter speeds........and it's sooooooo different to my old fuji.

I love it though and desperate to know how to use it, but I'll have to be patient and take my time.

These were the only pics I took on Sunday of my guinea pig Dotty, whilst she was sat on my Son's lap.

I just thought I'd take a few pics, none of it was planned and I have no idea which setting I used.

Thanks for taking a look. x

My Favourite

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

The pics are lovely, Beth.

I'm so glad that you have been able to start using your new toy. 

I have found the Manual setting on the camera a lot easier to use than on my earlier Nikon. I don't know why as it's probably the same but I seem to get better results than I used to on the same setting on the other camera.

Ooh thank you folks.

I also noticed that the flash kept popping up nearly every time I took few pics the previoius night.  It was in lowish light, so maybe that's why.  

I just ddn't think it would keep popping up, but then I didn't change any settings.  I'm so lame, sooo sorry lol. 

Nice set Beth but lets see if we can encourage you to take a small step to improving those pictures using spot focus. Most modern cameras have a P mode – this is a simple next step into learning how to get ‘more’ out of your camera.

What Is Program Mode?
The Program or “P” mode is similar to your camera’s automatic mode because it will automatically set a proper exposure value for your shot. (as far as the lens aperture opening and shutter speed).

What makes using the Program mode different than shooting in automatic is that you will have control over most camera settings while the camera chooses the best exposure values. The settings that you will be able to control in the Program mode will include the ISO, light metering, focusing, and flash settings.

Program mode is good for learning how to use different camera settings without having to worry about obtaining the proper exposure as well. You can use The Program mode for spur of the moment shots without messing up too many pictures due to bad exposure settings. You can always experiment with manual settings when getting the shot exactly “right” is not critical.

When To Use Program Mode
Let’s say you are taking pictures of a scene with very bright as well as dark shaded areas. Sometimes in a situation like that, your camera’s light meter can be fooled and produce an underexposed or overexposed image.

If you are using the program mode you can set your camera to Spot Metering and read the light from a small area rather than reading the light from the overall scene. That will give you a proper exposure for the part of the scene or subject that you think is the most important. (the camera will set the exposure values) You would not be able to use spot metering if you were shooting in the automatic mode.

Here is another scenario in which the program mode can be useful. Let’s say your camera is set to a focusing mode that covers a wide area of the scene you are viewing. If you are trying to take a picture of a flower that is close to other flowers or leaves, the camera might focus on the wrong flower.

That’s not a big problem if you are in the program mode. Just change your camera’s focusing mode so that it zeros in on the exact area that you want to be in focus. Once again, you would not be able to perform this function if you were using the automatic mode.

So, the point is that just about any camera setting that you may use in the manual mode can be used in the program mode. Once again, remember that the lens aperture and shutter speed are automatically set for you when you use the P mode.
One of the main reasons to use the Program mode is so that you don’t have to worry about setting apertures or shutter speeds. However, it is good to have the option of quickly adjusting them in the Program mode if you choose to do so.

Hopefully this would help you understand your camera a little better and soon you might even feel you wish to go that next step learn how to use the Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual modes as well.

Archived