Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

For anyone who doesn't have Photoshop..

..Adobe are now giving away the entire CS2 suite as a free download for Windows and Mac, or you can download just the parts you want, e.g. Photoshop. The activation key(s) are also supplied so you can start using without hassles.

Adobe say they are doing this because 'CS2 is old technology and doesn't work on much of today's technology'. I can only think they mean iPads etc because I've not yet encountered a computer, old or new, that won't run it.

So if you have always wanted to use Photoshop but jibbed at the price, it is now free! And CS2 may be years old but it's still a very usable version with most of the 'bells and whistles' - and more - you could want or need.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

I just downloaded the folder with CS2 on it a few weeks ago and saved it to disc, but not the separate programs as I wasn't quite sure if they were stand alone or if you had to install them into Photoshop.

Is the whole suite on one download.

Edited by NannyFerret

this has been posted before ( I think by Annie) 

there was some talk about you not being able to use as Adobe has stop the serial number activation ?

Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

I downloaded CS2 and Indesign a few weeks back which both work fine, might be worth still trying and seeing if you can activate the software, if not you can soon 'remove' it.

• Like 1

I just downloaded the folder with CS2 on it a few weeks ago and saved it to disc, but not the separate programs as I wasn't quite sure if they were stand alone or if you had to install them into Photoshop.

Is the whole suite on one download.

Yes - they are stand alone. Photoshop is the image editor, In Design is the DTP package, Illustrator for graphics designers, Acrobat Pro for complete PDF control, etc. You can run the Photoshop program on its own, you can even download just Photoshop if you want. 

this has been posted before ( I think by Annie) 

there was some talk about you not being able to use as Adobe has stop the serial number activation ?

I downloaded CS2 and Indesign a few weeks back which both work fine, might be worth still trying and seeing if you can activate the software, if not you can soon 'remove' it.

That warning from Adobe is to do with the activation servers. I think that's why they are now offering it free, and with a generic activation key to get round the problem. As ever with Adobe, their messages are confusing and unhelpful, but the software will work if you download it and use the activation key that was still up there the last time I looked (yesterday).

• Like 1