Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Tit

Sorry it's so small, but I just saw the limit here is 180k  :hope:

post-677-0-88678000-1362176271.jpg

The advantage of a superzoom is you can have a long reach. The disadvantage here is twofold - a lot of noise from the small sensor, and the fact I was indoors shooting through not the cleanest of windows. It would have even less contrast if I hadn't biffed it up a little in iPhoto.

By the way, did you know that you can upload your full size image to www.photo bucket.com? Then you copy the image link and paste it into your post.

This way the images can be seen a lot bigger and it saves the forum space.

Your pic will automatically open in the post.

Sorry it's so small, but I just saw the limit here is 180k

This shot is just 48k so plenty of scope to increase the size. As Tina says, link to any external hosting site (photobucket, Flickr etc) and your only limitation is 1024 pixels on the longest side :)

The image does seem to be lacking a little in contrast but shooting through glass is always a problem, so under the circumstances I would say it's a darn good effort :yes

This shot is just 48k so plenty of scope to increase the size. As Tina says, link to any external hosting site (photobucket, Flickr etc) and your only limitation is 1024 pixels on the longest side :)

The image does seem to be lacking a little in contrast but shooting through glass is always a problem, so under the circumstances I would say it's a darn good effort :yes

You're right, but I find that difficult to understand - it's three times that size on my computer! How come it shrinks when uploaded here - should I try uploading (say) a 300-400k image knowing it will 'shrink down' when uploaded here, or will the forum software object?

If you click on the smaller shot, it should open a new window with a bigger picture.

It It would be easier to use Photobucket and there are instructions as you go along. 

Except that it wouldn't! I also belong to a different hobby forum where some members use Photobucket, but to me it is much easier to upload to a post in the forum where I am now. If I had to open a new tab, login to Photobucket, upload a picture there, copy the (relevant) url or html code, then paste it in here, it would drive me doolally.

It would be really brilliant if this forum had a special Photobucket account that all members could use, and could upload to from here without ever having to login to Photobucket. Mind you, that's easy for me to say, I'm not the one who'd have to do the work!

Mind you, that's easy for me to say, I'm not the one who'd have to do the work!

Nope :D

Do you not use any external hosting sites at all?

Incidentally, the problem we're having with the forum auto adjusting an image's file size is a known issue and will be remedied through the week, I'll let everyone know as soon as it's done. :)

Nope :D

Do you not use any external hosting sites at all?

Incidentally, the problem we're having with the forum auto adjusting an image's file size is a known issue and will be remedied through the week, I'll let everyone know as soon as it's done. :)

Photographic? No. I upload direct to Facebook, where I can have as many albums of large photos as I like. As for all my other hobby forums, I upload direct to the forum. I'm only a member of one other photographic forum - dpreview (don't care for that much, too many topics on equipment, not enough on pictures), where they give you your own gallery with a monthly limit that's quite generous.

I do understand the problem of server space and having to pay for it, so I know why there has to be a size limit. However, I don't need or use Photobucket (or Flickr) for anything else, and the only time I used it I found it desperately counter-intuitive; everything got uploaded with the same name, and it wasn't clear where exactly I was - inside an album? on my home page? among all my photos? In the end I got out and decided that even Facebook was easier to use than that.

I don't want an extra tab with Photobucket in, I've already got one for Facebook where I upload quite a lot of pictures.

Chris, it's all in hand. Once the issue with the re-sizing is sorted (later this week) the upload limit will be increased to 300k for members and 500k for Contributors.

Are you aware we have our own members gallery, although the same upload limits apply as it is in place for displaying purposes only and not for on line storage? As with the Shoutbox though you will need to have made 30 posts before you can create your own Gallery, limits put in place to weedle out the spammers.

Archived