Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Jessops

Phil

Robin and Kate, neither of you has evidently been out of work for long, or it you were had a partner still bringing in a wage, so never what I would consider have been really short of money. If you had you would walk the length of the high street to save a Pound and you would certainly never pay extra for advice or adopt the paying of a few Pounds more than you need irrelevant in such a cavalier manner. Neither would you ever be bothering to change any electrical gadget, mobile phone or photographic equipment for the latest if the old was still working and doing the job. Few of the younger generation have yet to experience the effects of a real recession when all the old ways like foreign holidays, latest gadgets, expensive hobbies, meals out etc go out the window in favour of food on the table and paying the mortgage or rent. That is a lesson you then learn for the rest of your life and unless you later obtain an income like the Beckham's you never again pay more than you need for anything if you can get the equivalent elsewhere for less. The kindest thing the government could do for all the unemployed these days is by law to have all their credit cards changed automatically to debit cards so if the money was not in their bank accounts they could not spend it, because many think they can still live their previous lifestyles without any real belt tightening by borrowing without any hopes of ever paying the debt off and eventually come a cropper. Once you are unemployed the first thoughts have to be what can I cut out to save money until I can get a job again. That may mean changing your mobile phone from a regular but expensive contract to a Pay As You Go one so you realise just how much you are spending on calls, walking to the shops instead of taking the car, etc etc. Nobody said life was easy in a recession, you have to get your priorities right and all those who spent what they earnt every week rather than saving for the rainy day soon learn the error of their actions. Anyway I hope anybody unemployed quickly gets a job. but the recession is expected to go on for a few years yet, plus it may be many years before a significant section of the population ever enjoys their previous lifestyles again, if ever. Also as Robin has found out technology changes much quicker these days, therefore if you go into an industry experiencing a technology bubble you may do well for a time but can expect it to radically contract, if not disappear when the bubble bursts. And Robin mate, it may have been a fantastic retail experience in it's time, but it outlived it's time as the Internet sellers, mobile phone cameras, and the loss of film sales and processing killed it off. The real world takes no prisoner's! http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/aug/05/credit-crunch-august-2007-recession Strange on here I have got the top panel back and working intermittently but the return key is dead!

Dave, I have been extremely short of money. I have not been able to work more than a few hours a week since 2005 due to a long term disabling illness, and prior to that I was bringing up my daughter alone on minimum wage. David and I are self employed following the loss of his job and his major heart attack two years ago, and still on not much more than the minimum wage between us, although our business is now beginning to grow. The point is, if we can't afford it, we don't have it. We don't run a car or have foreign holidays. We make savings where it doesn't matter, but save our money for the bigger items. But when we've saved up for a big item, we like to buy it from somewhere where the staff know their stuff and give a good service. And incidentally, we're not the 'younger generation' - he's 62 and I'm 55.

• Like 1

Hi, folks,

T'is the old Sage here.....

Could I respectfully suggest that we all let this lie now..........

Robin has had a shock......he needs time to adjust............unless he asks can we leave him be please?

Thanks

FUJI