Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Help

Phil I borrowed your picture hope you don't mind?

when taking, editing pictures my greens seem all grainy and grey, I went out getting some shots yesterday of the sunset using ISO100 but they still seem grey, is it that my camera sensor just does not have the dynamic range?

I even tried bracketing then merging the three images but the same thing happened again.... I'd like to be able to get the greens like phil did in his picture below....

large.gallery_1_15_901586.jpg.8257248b614de4362c8e80581d6131c2.jpg

No objection at all to you using the image as an example. Trouble is, if you asked me to recreate it I'm not sure I could, this one went through the mill several times with PS plugins. Original below.

It's best if you posted your own image(s) so we can better guide you through the workflow, or even say if your settings could be improved upon. Add your settings too if you could, also if shot in RAW.

Oiginal.thumb.jpg.49ae8655e2d7392e3be5c5

Not a very good image, It was a first at  trying out the new TZ60 and badly under exposed

I know a lot of us keep batting on about RAW but with even a few simple adjustments (I use LR5) I can get from thisWeb.thumb.jpg.c23355a98f21dba3d028fed3d9

to This

20150502untitled-P1000217.thumb.JPG.7fd6 with this

Capture.jpg_web.thumb.jpg.4a2fc7389dce7a

Just a Crop, add exposure, touch contrast, lift the blacks, add Clarity & touch Vibrance, Sharpen & Mask. 

Edited by Barbara

I had a go this afternoon too, Barbara.
I used Aperture Priority set to 3.3 and the 3cm Macro setting.
My flowers came out dark,
 I really like the second version.
I had to be carful not to get my shadow on the subject.
I found the camera a lot easier to keep steady than my DSLR.

:notfair::rtfm::rant:

off topic!!!! (where's the smiley gone?

I'm trying to rescue greens in an image...... is it the sensor or my lack of skills?

​Just trying to explain the advantages of using RAW files

Edited by Barbara

Phil I borrowed your picture hope you don't mind?

when taking, editing pictures my greens seem all grainy and grey, I went out getting some shots yesterday of the sunset using ISO100 but they still seem grey, is it that my camera sensor just does not have the dynamic range?

​Probably your editing skills I too thought your sunset (posted in another thread) looked dirty/grey. Using photoshop is a skill as much as using your camera.

• Like 1

Leon you have little chance of getting detail out of a dark shadow area like that in a jpeg without it being grainy and I'm pretty sure it was dark with little detail in the grass as you probably exposed for the sky.

In situations like this it is best to shoot raw and expose to the right as far as you can then pull back detail in the shadow and highlight areas in your raw converter.

It is surprising what you can do with a correctly exposed raw image.

Before and after in LR6

LR6.jpg

original.jpg

Edited by craftysnapper

​Don't ignore one crucial factor : a sunset is heavily biased towards the red/orange part of the spectrum, which while not the direct opposite of green, will still suppress it. The only EASY way to counteract that is to choose the Saturation/Hue dialogue in Photoshop, select "Green", and then dramatically boost saturation for greens only. 

Edited by ChrisLumix

Admins - help!!!!!

The editing function is completely up the spout. I quoted Leon's original post, but when I tried to delete some of it, it threw me out of the topic. When I used 'Go back' it returned me to the PREVIOUS topic I was in. When I then used 'Go forward', it returned me to the New Contents list which didn't include Leon's topic.

So... I had to find Leon's topic using Search, then edit VERY CAREFULLY to avoid being thrown out by the software. However, the quoted portion was just a blank box, nothing in it. So I tried to put the quoted bit back using edit, but it's just added it below my comment, not put it in the 'quote' box which is still empty. (In fact, in the version I can see now, the part of Leon's post which I copied and pasted using Edit, isn't there at all now!!) What's worse, it's created several duplicates of my post.

Edited by ChrisLumix

The editing function is completely up the spout.

​Have you tried again since this? 

Please remember that the Backspace key has the same effect as Back in a web browser if no text (or blinking cursor) is selected. I'm not saying that's what's happened here, just a thought.

The problem is like the old forum software, only worse. There, if you did a backspace (even with stuff selected) and you were near the beginning of the quote box, it threw you out.

The new software is worse. You get thrown out, you find the topic, go back in and quote again, and this time, it's quoted TWICE , one within the other! And you don't need to be near the beginning of the quote box now, to get thrown out, just backspace to clear spaces BELOW the bit you want to keep, is enough to do it.