Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Compact Upgrade

​Not quite - EB-K is the full suffix of a black Lumix camera, while EB-S simply means it's silver. You wouldn't get a 12MP and 18MP variant of one particular mode

Chris, I copied and pasted this straight from Amazon, so there are the 12mp and the 18mp or someone has got the disciption wrong on there.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70EB-K Compact Digital Camera - Black (12 MP, 30x Optical Zoom, LEICA DC Vario Lens) 3-Inch LCD

Chris, I copied and pasted this straight from Amazon, so there are the 12mp and the 18mp or someone has got the disciption wrong on there.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70EB-K Compact Digital Camera - Black (12 MP, 30x Optical Zoom, LEICA DC Vario Lens) 3-Inch LCD

​That's true Tina - the Lumix TZ70 has 12MP but the TZ60 has 18MP. That could be where the confusion arises? They are different models, just like the FZ100 and FZ200 are.

However, EB-K really does mean 'black' and EB-S really does mean 'silver' (well, chrome, or aluminium!)

Tina, Here is a shot of the barcode on my TZ60 It had me a bit confused to start with but I did find a site with both models K and S   as Chris says, One black and one with mettalic trim

Here it is on the Currys Site, Black model at the top of Page and if you scroll down to bottom of page the TZ60 EB-S is there http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras/digital-cameras/compact-digital-cameras/panasonic-dmc-tz60eb-k-superzoom-compact-digital-camera-black-22001900-pdt.html?srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~~~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&s_kwcid=AL!3391!3!43562494175!!!g!95321086748!&ef_id=VIggagAAAHG0dcGg:20150430100549:s#cat-0

20150430untitled-P1000159.thumb.jpg.d3d9

Edited by Barbara

​Not quite - EB-K is the full suffix of a black Lumix camera, while EB-S simply means it's silver. You wouldn't get a 12MP and 18MP variant of one particular mode

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70EB-K Compact Digital Camera - Black (12 MP, 30x Optical Zoom, LEICA DC Vario Lens) 3-Inch L

My appologies,  Chris, I think my cataracts are getting worse, but I swore that when I clicked on the link it said that one of the tz60 pana's on Amazon was specified as 12mp.

It could be my mistake or a misake in the description by the seller, but if it was on Amazon, I can't find it again. Lol.

I think I need to get my magnifier out, lol.

I did however buy an Olympus compact for my granddaughter from Boots some years ago, and decided to buy one for myself later on.

Both the same model number but the one that I bought from Argos at a slightly lower price, had a couple less settings.

I really wish camera manufacturers had a simpler way of naming the models.

Well at least I am enjoying my latest toy, and it seems that Judy and Barbara are too.

Edited by NannyFerret

What colour is your lens, Barbara - when I got home the box had Silver written on it (I'd asked for black) but when I opened it the body was black and the lens was metal (silver!).

​All black Judy

Mine's all black too, but I did see them as silver on buyacamera as silver, which did just have a silver trim, but they were out of stock anyway, but I wasn't fussed what colour it was.
I wonder if that's because the body is that non slip stuff and it would be difficult to have it all silver.MY Lowpro camera bag just arrived from ebay, for the grand sum of £3.48. It has a hidden attached  rain cover as well.
The screen protectors arrived too. I always put screen protectors on as I carry my camera around my neck and it's quite easy to scratch the screen on buttons and zips.If anyone wants the link to the bag, here it is. 
  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320948579570?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
It's not too small so has plenty of room for battery and card.
 I usually buy the rigid plastic screen protectors but thought I would try the film type this time.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400764572868?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by NannyFerret
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...