Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Evening Walkabout in Paris

There is a clever bit of photographic optical trickery going on here?

A very wide angle lens? Yes?

Then fantastic mono conversion and processing, including a smidgen of Guassian or similar Blur that adds depth?

Whatever.....the final result is fantastic.

FUJI

:) Thanks FUJI.

Taken in the evening. 

Hand held at 24mm, f5, 1/80th, iso 2000. 

I did indeed apply a light  gaussian blur to the buildings at the top of the image and also on the cobbles at the bottom. My deliberate intent was to give depth but also to draw the eye into the crowd and down the busy street. I then played on accentuating the light from the souvenir shops falling onto the walkers and the cobble stones. This was the result.

I like the composition, but the experiment hasn't worked for me - my eye is repeatedly drawn TO the blurry buildings and thinking they should be more in focus, rather than to the people.

Thanks Chris.  When I worked the shot before the blur it was ok for me, but post blur it improved it massively to my eyes. But that is just my opinion and take on the world. :) I do appreciate your honest critique. 

Hi, Kev,

I keep on returning to this shot and wonder how you achieved that almost Silver effect?

What is your method of mono conversion and processing here please?

I would like to have a go.

Cheers!

FUJI

Hi, Kev,

I keep on returning to this shot and wonder how you achieved that almost Silver effect?

What is your method of mono conversion and processing here please?

I would like to have a go.

Cheers!

FUJI

I just desaturated the shot in Photoshop working the different colours. I then selectively worked on emphasising the light and shadow and then literally gave it a silver "polish" using what I thought to be an appropriate filter in NIK Silver Efex Pro.

Archived