Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

DOWN TO A........... T

FUJI

Nice shot again Fuji

Did you know Henry Ford said about the model T "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."

Then made them in red, Grey, brewster green,midnight blue, channel green, windsor maroon plus other colours that I dont know about

My dads first car was a black, shiny Ford 8. It was lovely and even managed to climb up Dynis Mawdwy in North Wales, when newer cars we breaking down.

Mind you, dad always stopped to cool the engine and top his water up before making the journey up the mountain, where-as the newer cars didn't.

That Ford 8 carried my mum, dad, four of us kids, bell tent and a mattress plus bedding.
He took the back seat out to get the folded mattress in and us kids sat on it all the way to Wales.

You've set me off now, Fuji.
How I miss those days and never knew then, that these would be precious memories one day.

nicely shot Fuji, the processing/back-ground blur has made it look like a toy which I am not sure about but I love the detail in the car.

Thank you Colin.......as always there is a bit of a back story to this shot........it was one of those very crowded motor events where to get a clear shot, I had to be extremely patient to wait for other car ogglers to move out of shot, it took an absolute age to get this and even then Ihad to be very sharp about it......look closely at the reflection in the windscreen and you will see the next person approaching.

This is no excuse, but I decided that the fairly sharp background needed softening, so I used a dose of carefully applied Gaussian blur........I'm not as skilled in this area of PS as I ought to be, but here I seem to have cracked it up to a point.....it almost gives a Dream- Like quality.

The processing as seen was carefully planned and quite deliberate, seeing that reflection should remove the impression that the car is a toy.

Thanks to others for her kind comments.

FUJI

I like the blurred background as your eye is drawn to the main subject and sets the car off nicely.

I guess everyone's taste is different. Some like a whole scene and some like a record of the main object.

There is nothing at all which would take the attention away from the old car and in this instance I like that.

Archived