Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

morning mist

jpgr

Is this in Kent ?

I like the muted palette on this one jpgr .... and the strata effect of the mist ...

Hmmm there's just something missing for me ...I think I  would have liked to have seen something in the immediate foreground to give the depth to the vista  which obviously covers quite a few miles. As it is overlooking treetops in the bottom quarter, entirely  of similar shape and colour,   it lacks a bit of interest in that area for me . Sorry..... It's just my take on it and of course  I could be wrong ... I just feel it has the potential to be a really good image ...

Btw ... i notice you are posting your pics at an 800 pixel maximum   (on the longest side ) You can post up to 1000 pixels with a file size ceiling of 500 kbs  ( well I think it's just under to take account of people like me waffling on too log in a post  !;)) if you want to .

Anyway  :cheers:

Polly

Nice photo and of course with balloons you do have to go with the flow rather than choose a location, but I do think your post looks a little flat and wondered if it needs tweaking to help some of the detail stand out more?

I hope you don't mind but I have edited the bottom of these two to show you what I mean - 

]b_mistedit.jpg

thanks for looking.

clicker: it's in kent but i don't remember where. i've got pictures with the balloons shadow on the trees but it just looked like a balloon's shadow on trees. thanks for the info about the image sizes.

colinb: thanks, the second shot is much better. i think i need to push the processing a bit more on my images.

I like misty shots 

I wonder if lifting the contrast in the foreground trees would give more of a lead in to the mist 

When you first glance at the image your eyes go to the clearing then the sky where it dips and you miss the foreground 

If the left hand trees at the bottom , which are the clearest, were lifted then there would be nearly a classical S to the image, Trees, clearing, dip in the hills 

fuzzyedges: thanks for the explanation. do you mean something like this?

or have i gone too far?

You can only go too far when you loose sight of what you were trying to achieve and got bogged down in processing 

With this shot if you try and lift all the image you loose the muted mist effects  

My try and I have no doubt it wont be to everyones taste 

mist%201a_hf_zpslgrcw4ia.jpg

and I could have overcooked the saturation in the left bottom trees but the original dosnt need much just touches in places 

thank you.

so colinb's version is ok and i just need to boost the left hand trees?

jpgr - go with your feelings there really is no wrong or right but the main thing is to try and keep it natural. I quite like your version, it has lost the soft pastel look but it is still an image which draws you in, makes your eye wonder around a bit and thats what I like in a picture. :thumbup:

Archived