Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Facebook

Guest DaveW

Jeez Dave I think it would take me until Christmas to reply to that lot :huh: I do think you are reading to much into Facebook, after all there are numerous other social 'copies' such as bing, twitter etc which is why the 'trend setters' often leave /delete their account on one and join up with the next supposed big thing.

As for the police - they didn't want the public to have access to walky talkies in the 70's CB radios in the 80's, the powers are not happy about Blackberry BB as they can't access it as freely as text and lets face it if they want to view my nattering with others on FB about cameras - fine by me. I'm sure the police and the government would love us all not to be able to quickly and easily communicate with each other, be easier to keep us all under control but then that would be a different society altogether.

one thing I do know is the term 'Find us on Facebook' is being seen and used by more and more companies, businesses and clubs. One local and very successful event last year used FB to promote and keep people update with info, whilst they had a web site the FB feed worked and is still working extremely well take a look - https://www.facebook.com/BRMDay2012.

I think perhaps we should look to the positive and not the negative.

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1

but they have the option to opt out i believe. and like colin says you can lock a group down completely, so you can only access that info by being invited to join..and that group would also have it's own admin...much like any site you belong to. to tell the truth, my facebook account does not even have my correct phone number or address...i made them up...!

For crying out loud!

Facebook is a fun way of sharing stuff with friends and not an evil monster with wolves and demons hiding in every dark corner.

If you don't want to use it don't but leave others who do alone, we're not all daft enough to get caught with a simple email scam and we're quite capable of controlling what we put online.

• Like 1

perhaps people should also read the replies as well as the headline

"I don't understand the fuss, most photo's uploaded to instagram are of poor quality and of little value. To sell images online, you need something of at least 16 megapixels and absolute 100% in focus"

"I would feel rather proud if they used any of my photos! If you don't like it then leave Instagram :-)) Simple."

"Unless you are a pro photographer, no need to get bothered. And if you are a pro, why are you using this app?"

and yes there are those who make comments both fore and against - but in reality and as the article says it would be marketing suicide for instagram to simply say 'we have the right'. Well worth watching to see what happens but some how I can't see either FB or instagram committing suicide

• Like 1

i had a magazine use one of my pics..........through facebook i might add....i was dead chuffed and you have never seen anyone run to smiths so fast as i did...lol

:huh: Annie noooooooo your doing it all wrong...

I asked the magazine to send me a free copy for using the image http://www.pridemagazines.co.uk/places/lincoln :thumbsup:

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1

Just saying they may collect more information on you than you believe and many more may be able to access it than you think:-

https://en-gb.facebo...ivacy/your-info

The above sounds more like "Big Brother is Watching You" to me. 1984 just took a bit longer to come than predicted! Even if you only share information with friends or acquaintances they can chose to make it public.

"When others share information about you, they can also choose to make it public."

I have just spent a couple of minutes on the web and immediately turned up a post on how to hack Facebook accounts.

DaveW

Edited by DaveW
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had the same email again. Just blued out my email address in the Web shot below.

post-22-0-44322900-1356961102_thumb.jpg

The persons name does not ring any bells with me and as said before I have never been a member of Facebook or logged on to it. Rodney School means nothing to me either.

DaveW

Had a thought Annie and Googled "Rodney School" under his name as I had never heard of it and to my surprise found there was one in Nottinghamshire, though not near me and the persons name still means nothing:-

http://www.network54... Caning Reality-

I certainly never went to a private school, but a State School, possibly somebody with the same name did though and if searched for found me instead, if the above was the school in question? However that would not explain how they got my email address. Get's weirder and weirder! :???:

DaveW

i think i have found your man...there are two guys on face book with the name paul morris in that area..one of them showing rodney school. so he is for real and obviously thinks he knows you. the bit i don't understand is...if you have never been on face book ... how the hell is he contacting your email through it?

i have a screen shot of his facebook page, but i don't know if it would be right to post it here

Edited by annie

Hi Annie,

Me too unless somebody else on Face Book I know posted me as a Friend giving my email. How does Face Book work regarding Friend's emails, are they given out? I could have understood if it had been a woman and had changed her surname on marriage to one I did not know, but not in the case of a man. As has been said a lot of these sites including Google are collecting a lot more information on us than we realise.

DaveW

Hi Annie,

Making a screen shot:-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-xp/help/setup/take-a-screen-shot

After saving it I then open my photo processor (Elements), import the file into that as I would a photo, size it and then use "save for Web", changing it to a JPEG which I then can just attach to emails, PM's or Forums etc.

Hi all,

Somebody on another site told me this:-

"It's the Facebook friendfinder in action, this person obviously has your e-mail address in some contact list of his and is using the tool to send invites to everyone in that list. This means he has probably either e-mailed you once upon a time about something, or perhaps even saw your e-mail address and was going to e-mail you, added you to his contact list but never did.

But fundamentally the issue is that this guy has your e-mail address in a contact list and is sending invites to everyone on that contact list.

This is why I get invites from a people, because I've e-mailed them previously about purchases and some e-mail clients store in the contact list everyone you've ever e-mailed/received e-mail from automatically."

Could therefore even be a person from some firm I e-mailed to, or bought from under a company name on EBAY whose name I never knew.

DaveW

Edited by DaveW