Bill

Under the pier

I struggled to decide if this was landscape and scenic or architecture but my emotion in this was definitely not based on the architecture so it is here.

billa20180627464.thumb.jpg.0e17e48f89b6f57b3309d1155b572711.jpg

• Like 3

This is good.  Long exposure - slight HDR (?) but what makes it different for me is the offset POV of the composition that emphasises the tunnel up the centre of the image.  Thoughtful work.

6 minutes ago, John2 said:

This is good.  Long exposure - slight HDR (?) but what makes it different for me is the offset POV of the composition that emphasises the tunnel up the centre of the image.  Thoughtful work.

Thanks John, single exposure of 70 seconds,  f/13, iso200, (10 stop ND filter if I remember correctly but may have been 15) edited in Lightroom. I took quite a few, long exposures and short to get the best combination of movement and position of  waves especially at normal exposures. One really paid off and I may post that later.

With the height of the tide I would have been quite deep in the waves to get the tunnel head on and not have the two centre posts blocking the view down the tunnel.

Head on has been done before.   This is different and works.  The more I look at it, the more I realise that my eye automatically clocks the fact that the upright that bisects the gap at the end of the tunnel, lines up with the two in the FG.  With the tunnel itself, that strong line holds the whole thing together for me.

• Like 1