Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

C-47 Dakotas

Denis

46 minutes ago, Clicker said:

What a fabulous PHOTO that is Denis .... you really do hide  your light under a bushel  sometimes don't you ..... the  prop whirr is super ...and jeez those planes look close together don't they?

Top dollar stuff Mr Sharp!!

The lens does appear to bring them closer Polly, but the actual separation is well within limits set for airshows :) That was the absolute best I got that day, a break in the rain and a brief bit of light broke the weather pattern that dogged the event.

19 hours ago, colinb said:

Denis I think I would prefer to see the original, hate to be critical but they wouldn't fly this close together and the lighting is wrong for the sky you've used.

Cant post the RAW

• ƒ/5.6
  • 500.0 mm
  • 1/125
  • Flash (off, did not fire)
  • Hide EXIF
  • JFIFVersion - 1.02
  • X-Resolution - 300 dpi
  • Y-Resolution - 300 dpi
  • Image Width - 4672
  • Image Height - 3113
  • Orientation - Horizontal (normal)
  • Software - Topaz Studio
  • Date and Time (Modified) - 2022:01:11 15:48:12
  • Artist - Denis sharp
  • YCbCr Positioning - Centered
  • Copyright - Denis Sharp
  • ISO Speed - 100
  • Sensitivity Type - Recommended Exposure Index
  • Exif Version - 0230
  • Date and Time (Original) - 2019:06:04 14:24:22
  • Date and Time (Digitized) - 2019:06:04 14:24:22
  • Components Configuration - Y, Cb, Cr, -
  • Exposure Bias - 0 EV
  • Max Aperture Value - 5.7
  • Metering Mode - Spot
  • Light Source - Unknown
  • Image Number - 11675
  • User Comment - Nikon D3000
  • Sub Sec Time Original - 20
  • Sub Sec Time Digitized - 20
  • Flashpix Version - 0100
  • Color Space - sRGB
  • Focal Plane X-Resolution - 2558.641221
  • Focal Plane Y-Resolution - 2558.641221
  • Focal Plane Resolution Unit - cm
  • Sensing Method - One-chip color area
  • File Source - Digital Camera
  • Scene Type - Directly photographed
  • CFAPattern - [Red,Green][Green,Blue]
  • Custom Rendered - Normal
  • Exposure Mode - Manual
  • White Balance - Auto
  • Digital Zoom Ratio - 1
  • Focal Length (35mm format) - 750 mm
  • Scene Capture Type - Standard
  • Gain Control - None
  • Contrast - Normal
  • Saturation - Normal
  • Sharpness - Normal
  • Subject Distance Range - Unknown
  • Lens Info - 200-500mm f/5.6
  • Lens Model - 200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6
  • Originating Program - Lightroom
  • By-line - Denis sharp
  • Copyright Notice - Denis Sharp
  • Application Record Version - 4
  • XMPToolkit - XMP Core 4.4.0-Exiv2
  • ©
So yes, I changed the sky,  I didnt like the grey,bland background ...and if the weather forecast had been as it should, sunshine and showers, then the  sky I replaced it with is more to how it ought to have been that day. this is the original bland jpeg image showing that they were as they appear. no 'trickery'... no Photoshop or other type of layering software as I dont have it..... let alone know how to bring two single aircraft together in one image. I just wanted a pleasing image (to me) of a day that cost me one days pay, & £40 to get in for one half decent photo.It is the lens that makes them look that close, sorry you dont believe me, I wont bother in future.

Daks1.JPG

Edited by Denis
explanion edit
  • Like 1

Easy Denis - by using a fake sky and badly blending the two images you have lost most of the prop blur and the wire lines on the far Dakota. This makes me question if the whole image is fake. 

Personally I think the original image works fine but weather seldom helps out at airshows and there is nothing wrong in adding a little sky detail behind the planes.

But please consider the overall effect, just because you can doesn't mean you should. 

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1