Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Loco 08-164 Prudence

You have to wonder how people arrive at the name for an engine like this.  Someones's wife or daughter perhaps.  Can't relate the meaning of the name to something mechanical.  Nice capture.

• Like 1

Thanks John, I've no idea how this engine got name Prudence, but it got the name Prudence whilst at RFS Engineering in Doncaster, so quite possibly someones wife or daughter at RFS. I know lots of streets (in Accrington) are named after Mill Owners family.

1 hour ago, Denis said:

Was this a freight loco Geoff, looks a bit ...brutal for a passenger loco..

This type of loco was designed as a shunter and were used at major stations and freight yards. The carriages visible in the first images were pulled by a steam train and the shunter is being used to move them back to the carriage shed.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...