And more Red Kites !

Couldnt get a decent one of it from underneath, He/she presented better in a flat turn and he /she was circling but getting further away.

DSC_6891-2.JPG.7fdea37493152b179460595e640d188c.JPG

DSC_6893-2.JPG.27127dc18eecbd777186dd6f84b2a9ff.JPG

DSC_6895-2.JPG

• Like 1

Still a nice set Denis, I've seen lots of kestrels over the last week but always when I've been driving and no where to pull over.

• Thanks 1

Excellent shots of a Red Kite, Denis.

I know just how difficult it is to get these birds in flight - so well done you.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, CMunzel said:

Agree with Fogey and Geoff. Well done. Was that one tagged also? 

No tag showing Cheryl

, come to think of it I dont think any Kite in this part of the country are tagged, since release in Wales and Oxford the Kites have spread eastwards over the years and are now in Norfolk and Suffolk, Northamptonshire Hertfordshire and Essex in really good numbers. The ones I photograph are from about three breeding pairs that took up residence nearly six years ago

How interesting that you know the history of the kites in your area. It’s a very positive development that the kites have not only survived release, but have spread into areas previously not inhabited. 

• Like 1