Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

POTW Week ending 19th APRIL 2020

Clicker

Another week in Lockdown and some innovative  images appearing  on our Forum and once again making the choice of POTW  difficult .

Blackpearl always amazes me with how he makes the mundane look awesome and his overhead view of what I think is a carrot  in the Stay at home challenge had me scratching my head for a while as at first I thought it was a Pyracantha firethorn  berry and I struggled to see how he could get that blurred bg if it was  a small berry  ... then  the penny dropped .. A special mention  for that  and also

Ryewolf's fabulous steam train monochrome of Loco 44871 on it's way to Bury  .. one of his best  in my view and aesthetically beautifully composed and processed ...

Stravinsky's colourful  vista amid a setting sun, of Reykjavik was just  superb  and warrants a special mention too .... a memorable  image with a beautiful light taken from a great vantage point at the top of a clocktower..

The self portrait  that Martyn posted on his return to the forum after a longish absence  was truly full of drama and feeling and  thought provoking  and I really  thought this was my winner and we so rarely  see proper self portraits  here.  

However  I  am awarding POTW to JohnP's beauty of an image of an Orange tip male butterfly that due to a hiccough on  the forum with images, was not displayed for 24 hours just as he posted it  and was hardly seen as it had slipped down the latest images list by the next day. John has a fantastic collection of butterfly photos and this one is one of his best in my opinion. The colours absolutely zing and  the detail and composition make it more than a record of what  this butterfly looks like for identification purposes ... Everything about it smacks of quality so very well done JohnP ...in a week with some hot competition  you are the winner.

You can find the original image on the link below ;-

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/41365-orange-tip-male/

spacer.png

• Like 3

Thanks everyone!

I'll let you into a little secret... this was a grab shot!  Until I spotted this male I had only seen and photographed females, this is unusual as it's almost always the males that start to appear first. I had watched it going from one cuckoo flower to the next only settling for 1-2 seconds, I put the camera on full zoom to hopefully get a shot and then move in closer if stayed put long enough... it didn't!

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Clicker said:

It was a close run thing Martyn ... very close ... 

It was a close run thing even getting the shot, the butterfly wasn't exactly hanging about... around 1-2 seconds on each flower...

Edited by JohnP
  • Haha 1