Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Stay At Home Challenge - Week 3

Show us what you've been photographing since the lockdown, it could be stuff through your window, in your garden, on your way to work or shopping, or what your town looks like....

It's just meant as a bit of fun to keep us all occupied during our isolation....

I put my hand up to lead a challenge for our camera club that involved  taking using one of five Master's paintings  I chose as inspiration. They were  invited  to be inspired by the subject or the lighting, the feel, colours or whatever, rather than try to copy the image.  Initially I think members were not that interested, referring to photograh and share their favourite subjects but the strict limits of our movements has changed that and some members are posting some really creative and humorous interpretations. Thought I'd share my response to Edgar Degas'  Woman Ironing (original attached). I had to be the model myself as my options for models was limited by social distancing to myself or Marty, and while using him as the model would have been a lot funnier, he was busy providing an essential service. 

I would like to make the result more painterly and tried various TOPAZ oil painting filters and a texture or two but they looked crap. Any suggestions very welcome. and you're welcome to have a go at editing if you would like to.

WomanIroning.jpg

EdgarDegas_WomanIroning.jpg

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

I had a go using Topaz filter called Palette Knife and Oil II, I did run it through Nik Color Efex first which made the image slightly brighter.

WomanIroning1-Edit.jpg

That’s certainly brightened it up, thanks Rye. I like it, 

• Like 1

Not wishing to detract from the wonderful images and turn this into a funny street name thread but 10 mins from us is the South Yorkshire Police Operations Complex and its on.............Letsby Avenue................I kid you not. Who said the Police don't have a sense of humor.

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, sjr said:

Not wishing to detract from the wonderful images and turn this into a funny street name thread but 10 mins from us is the South Yorkshire Police Operations Complex and its on.............Letsby Avenue................I kid you not. Who said the Police don't have a sense of humor.

In Preston, there used to be a funeral Directors called A.J. Box and Co.

On 07/04/2020 at 23:19, CMunzel said:

.................................................................................... Any suggestions very welcome. and you're welcome to have a go at editing if you would like to.

Fed up of gardening  so  I thought I would have a go.   This is my effort.   Lifted the shadows and then applied one of the Topaz Water Colour filters as a base and then manipulated it on three layers in Photoshop.

WomanIroning.thumb.jpg.8d0ac90192a71f5737997c386771e8da.thumb.jpg.d712cb887c588c32ec956623fec563dc.jpg

Edited by johntwo
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, johntwo said:

Fed up of gardening  so  I thought I would have a go.   This is my effort.   Lifted the shadows and then applied one of the Topaz Water Colour filters as a base and then manipulated it on three layers in Photoshop.

WomanIroning.thumb.jpg.8d0ac90192a71f5737997c386771e8da.thumb.jpg.d712cb887c588c32ec956623fec563dc.jpg

Thank you John, I like what you’ve done to it. No idea how you did that though. 

When I  open my front door ... this is what I see .. 

We should  post pics of our gardens  to give everyone a chance  to walk around in the sunshine , I know many people don't have a garden if they live in apartments or  some of the terraced  homes ... so I sympathise  with them .. This pandemic is brutal  isn't it ...  Love those  virus pics Beepy ..especially the shredded marmalade jar ... and the idea of re enacting an old master really appeals to me too Cheryl .. what a great idea for a thread 

Here's a pic of a bit of my  Outside  You're welcome to have a wander  with a  cuppa  if you have the time ...

DSCF4740 ed1s.jpg

• Like 2

Ooh  I had to get my paints out and have a go at your Old Masters copy Cheryl ..  so here's another  to add to your collection .. What a great idea...trying to reproduce an old well known Painting ... Hmmm  might be a good challenge for us on here in the future ...

WomanIroninged1 painted.jpg

Other side of the magnolia tree .... the red rhododendron is always the first to flower every year ... and sod's law always means we have a frost within a week of it flowering....and it usually blows a gale at least once and takes loads of the magnolia flowers off...  happens every darn year !!

DSCF4732 ed1s.jpg

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Clicker said:

Ooh  I had to get my paints out and have a go at your Old Masters copy Cheryl ..  so here's another  to add to your collection .. What a great idea...trying to reproduce an old well known Painting ... Hmmm  might be a good challenge for us on here in the future ...

WomanIroninged1 painted.jpg

Thank you Polly. Your version has a sort of diffused look. What did you do to achieve it?

Edited by CMunzel
Typo