Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Stay At Home Challenge - Week 2

Show us what you've been photographing since the lockdown, it could be stuff through your window, in your garden, on your way to work or shopping, or what your town looks like....

It's just meant as a bit of fun to keep us all occupied during our isolation....

Day 7 of Lockdown: A Walk of Two Parks

Haworth Art Gallery - Accrington and home to the largest public collection of Tiffany Glass outside of the USA

haworth-art-gallery-9104.jpg

The Accrington Pals Memorial in Haworth Park

pals-memorial-9107.jpg

The Great War Memorial in Oak Hill Park

ww1-memorial-9108.jpg

ww1-memorial--9110.jpg

• Like 3

I 'm surely not the only person puzzled and perplexed by this Beepy .... But ...a soft shelled turtle !! .....found ?  Where?.... Aren't they of Chinese origin? Has someone dumped it as a pet  or ... gawd i dare hardly say it ... was it destined for the table somewhere ??    And the last three pics ... is that a dolphin?   Yer just couldn't make it up  could ya ?... <sodemoji.1f62e></sodemoji.1f62e>

Day 8 of Lockdown: Not a great evening for photography

St James' Church, Church Kirk, a church has been on this site since 632AD, the tower is medieval. It's a grade II listed building and closed in Nov 2015, so I've never been inside.

st-james-church-9132.jpg

The Globe Works. In the 1920's it was the world’s largest producer of ring spinning frames and Howard and Bullough employed over 6,000 people.

globe-works-9136.jpg

Something a bit more abstract, a light fitting on a modern apartment block opposite the Globe Works.

light-9139.jpg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Clicker said:

I 'm surely not the only person puzzled and perplexed by this Beepy .... But ...a soft shelled turtle !! .....found ?  Where?.... Aren't they of Chinese origin? Has someone dumped it as a pet  or ... gawd i dare hardly say it ... was it destined for the table somewhere ??    And the last three pics ... is that a dolphin?   Yer just couldn't make it up  could ya ?... 

Consensus is people get these pets and can't look after them so 'dump them' in there wild. Typical that Dylan would be the one to find it.

Last three are a dolphin, regularly get washed up on the coast, I just happened to be the same day as the Turtle.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Denis said:

what is it used for now?

It used to manufactured machinery and parts for supply to the textile industry, but now but has now been converted to offices and conferencing facilities. It's substantially smaller these days at it's height it covered 52 acres.

• Thanks 1
On 01/04/2020 at 02:38, Black Pearl said:

Dylan went out for his daily exercise, found a Chinese Soft Shell Turtle - as you do - so brought it home, got in touch with BDMLR and its been collected and on its way to a local centre.

It was quite angry at the whole affair ?

Turtle.thumb.jpg.406714371b3969fb2f10fa1e4249632f.jpg

698783399_SoftshellTurtle.thumb.jpg.a6f5dd6460ae9fb193a1b527bcbffcab.jpg

65046011_SoftshellTurtle-2.thumb.jpg.b066e2cd23d3327ca4e431b55a3e106f.jpg

What a strange looking creature. 

• Like 1

It's fabulous to see kites extending their habitat across from Wales in the last few years ... I  saw one over my garden last summer ...in North Worcestershire . 

Well caught  Buzzard James ... .. Always pays to have the camera ready ... you can make your own luck eh ...

More of the first few images taken on first day using the vintage helios .lens ... I will get the hang once I can see better when new specs arrive...  I hope ..

The Magnolias in the bg are through the kitchen window ...The Alstromerias are on the windowsill . sooc and just resized. 

DSCF4570 ed1s.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Clicker said:

Those don't look like wild rabbits Rye !

I don't think they are, the second was in a rear garden of a house but the first was on a path leading to a church next to the house. There didn't seem to be any hutches around or anything to stop them wandering about.