Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sometimes i miss going fishing

Nikonmike

• 2 weeks later...

I too have eaten Pike, My old Dad used to fish for them in particular.

On 03/02/2020 at 03:00, Ryewolf said:

Apparently, according to the Canals and Rivers Trust, you're not allowed to remove fish and all should be returned....

Try telling that to our Eastern European friends !

16 hours ago, loki said:

i've had pike before.  it's either really good or really bad.  heard it has to do with how old the fish was when it was caught.  or it could have just been the cook...

Thats right loki, when they get too big the flavour drops off and they become unpalatable the older they are. I remember the taste being strong and not unlike Swordfish in a way

• 1 month later...

Thank you for showing those photos, NikonMike, even though they brought a tear to my eye :)

My Dad was a keen fisherman all his life.  He always put fish back and never left any line or rubbish :)

During the last year of his life, I used to take him fishing and help him with his kit, and we'd spend hours sitting by the side of the lake, chatting about all sorts of things.  We probably had more conversations sitting in the fresh air by the side of the lake than the rest of our time together ever. :)

Seeing those photos has brought it all back to me (he died 16 years ago) and I swear that I can smell that fishy smell that my Golf always used to smell of on fishing days! :)

9_dad_fishing2514.jpg

Aw ... You can understand why people rescue family photographs before anything  else in a fire or flood ... Now we might be lucky enough to have the digital versions saved in the cloud but  the old prints are truly bridges to the past... I can see how this must invoke some treasured times Stella ...thanks for showing us....

Archived