Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

WEEKLY CHALLENGE # 203 ~ ICM or Manipulated~ Voting Closed

Choose your favourite  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite

• sjr
    • johntwo - The Residents of Dingley Dell
    • Ryewolf - ICM
    • David995031 - Wenlock Abbey
    • Korky - Cypriot Rock 'n' Roll
    • JamesT - The Interdimensional Portal.
    • Hatter - Trees Triptych
    • Kobione
    • Clicker - Potty Abstract
    • Clicker - ICM Garden
    • CanonChrissy - Into The Vortex
    • Ryewolf - Manipulation - Van Gogh Blue

Voting is now closed in this poll

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/06/19 at 22:59

Rye and I are sharing the honours this week following a double tie break  so .... You have the choice  of themes this week,and as a special treat  you can enter  one picture from each theme if you want to !!  :yes

1)  A Manipulated  image. where post production has changed the original image from  the camera  or .

2)  Intentional Camera Movement  whereby the image is produced by intentional moving the camera at the point of capture .to produce  something either  abstract or  distinguishable .  It's up to you .. For those unfamiliar with this  type of photography  here are a couple of links  to help..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_camera_movemen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYg0Pjlows

Usual rules apply .. An image can be taken from your archives if you prefer,  as long as it has not appeared on TIPF  in the past  

Entries close at midnight on Friday 31st May  at which point Voting will open until midnight  on Friday 7th June . You will still only be able to vote for one entry .

Good Luck everyone .....let's see a bumper number of entries   this week when you have two choices of themes  to be judged altogether   . 

OK not sure if this works but what the heck tried to shoehorn both ideas into one shot.
I took this when we had ICM as a theme in the 52 challenge and didn't use it. When Clicker tipped us off what this weeks double theme was I picked a Topaz Tweak and rotated the image thought it had a look of frayed fabric.
It is actually the back garden trees, fence, grass, wall, grass.

IMG_0271-Edit1.thumb.jpg.541fa90e19116bd98a79d5704c396bfc.jpg

• Like 4

ICM - taken today at the weir on the River Calder at Whalley..

If you've never tried this type of photography before the settings were Manual Mode, 1/10th sec, f22 iso 100, it was taken hand held but corrected to make the horizon straight

icm-8213.jpg

• Like 4

The Interdimensional Portal.

IMG_0002-1.thumb.jpg.5a7cbd9dddef4091a0a79785384b8382.jpg

I hope this qualifies as only the front standard is actually moved.

A 5x4 pinhole image, 8 minute total exposure, moving from about 200mm effective focal length down to about 100mm, shifting by 1/2 turn of the focussing knob every 20s. Sometimes Fomapan's notoriously bad reciprocity failure is useful--I don't think I could have done this one with the metered 30-45s exposure.

• Like 3

I have 3 images to choose from and I just didn't know which one to enter. 1 is an image of my mum, smoking a cigarette to which I applied a 'dragan effect' in photoshop with the help of a you tube tutorial. It makes her look really old and accentuates all her features. The other is an image from my office window, to which I applied a 'tilt shift' effect to make it look like a miniature model. It was features in a photography magazine. The 3rd is a camera movement one, and I'm thinking this is the best one to enter so here it is......

Into The Vortex - Taken from the back carriage window of the Tyne and Wear Metro. This is the sunset between the trees and I turned the camera (from portrait to landscape) whilst shutter was down. I think it was taken on my mobile.

Vortex.jpg

• Like 2

An excellent example of image manipulation... showcasing  some of the skills and patience required to be both creative  and innovative  with digital photography..  right up my street .., well done Korks.

Thank you for all the 'likes' and votes, chums. They really are appreciated.

A new theme will be along very soon - just back from a trip to Y*rkshire and have a few things to do first.

Korky

Theme now set to 'Hot or Cold' ---- Thanks, Rye!