Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Our bird seed eating friend has a challenger......

A few nights ago, just about teatime our 'usual visitor' came to clean up the birdseed, but then I noticed another one moving in also. See the greyer one coming in behind our usual:

P1010315a_zpskepnjdj8.jpg

Thinking that 'our usual' is an Eastern Brown and the new one is an Eastern Grey as there is a difference in colour. The new one is not as big as our dominant male, but our usual friend didn't like him being close and moved away, not very happy, as the new one inspected the bird table:

P1010317a_zps2akkfpxd.jpg

He decided the seed was ok and started to munch as he did I noticed the size of his nails. You would not want to get into the way of those!:

P1010321a.thumb.jpg.f6e536c037d4df5cca8bc3b869f776f5.jpg

Our usual friend left, but they have both been back each late afternoon and two days after the first visit they both ate, one at each side, usual on the right, newbie on the left:

P1010346a_zpsreexwfa7.jpg

Will be interesting to see what happens next!

Thanks Tina and Denis. As you know I cannot set these things up, just 'grab shots' when I can. No idea what will happen tonight, but we will have to keep watch when I've topped the bird seed up again.

Wow ... I had no idea that  their claws were so vicious looking...  Always great to get an insight to your world Dee...  it is so far removed from a couple of squirrels and rabbits invading the back garden !!

Thanks Korky and Clicker - those claws can kill in one swipe! We know of a few families who have lost dogs that way, and several people who have sustained quite serious injuries whilst trying to defend a child or a pet. Fortunately, because we can see kangaroos whenever we look out of a window, Kelly & Brodie don't panic, chase or even bother about them, they are 'a natural part' of our environment. 

Just to add a bit more to this, both the 'roos returned yesterday about tea time and, as previously the Grey seemed to be the dominant one. Didn't get a very good picture of his back feet but you can see the size of the toes, and, of course there is power there when they use them. DSCN6912a_zps2bwdujwt.jpg

DSCN6930a_zpseraywxgv.jpg

Have never noticed such healthy looking front claws as on this one:

DSCN6907a_zpsbttyvbkt.jpg

A blurry one from the archives, a long way from the house, but this shows you how those back feet are used in defense - imagine being on the end of that hit!

P1020674a_zpsnnufssz2.jpg

So yes, this does show you the 'not so soft side' of our kangaroos, but we always love watching them in our natural environment.

Archived