Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

From darkest Oxfordshire...

Greetings to all.

I am a retired academic (Biologist) living in NW Oxfordshire, on  the edge of the  Cotswolds.  During my  student days, many moons ago, I had a vacation job at a photographic dealership in Sussex, which provided me with a great deal of technical knowledge as well as a large amount of equipment, particularly when the dealership closed as the directors retired, and I ended up with their entire museum collection, plus many years' worth of uncollected repairs and unsold secondhand stock.

While I am no great shakes as a photographer from the artistic point of view, I have a good knowledge of older equipment, and some abilities at repairs, so I am able to provide a certain amount of technical advice; so if any member needs a bit of help, I will be pleased to assist if I can.   I shoot film, in all formats from 35mm to whole-plate (81/2in x 61/2in), but I am not really 'up to speed' with digital (I do have a couple of digital cameras, but I don't really like digital and have some fairly strong views about it - compare a multi-megapixel digital image with a medium-format or 5x4 transparency - no contest!)

Weodmonath

Hello, plus a very warm welcome to the TIPF community...... it is good to know that you remain keen on vintage film camera’s and lenses..... I don’t shoot on film, I did in the past, on a couple of old ZENITS.... but the cost of purchasing and the processing of film put me off.

On full retirement almost 20 years ago now, I wanted a hobby to take me away from my usual crafts of woodwork and painting....so a SONY point and shoot digital camera it was.

After becoming a member of the original TIPF, knowledgable members helped me to become the more than keen photographer that I am today....a camera is almost permanently hanging around my neck.....Street Photography and Portraiture are my subjects.

I shoot micro-four-thirds, so can fit my huge collection of vintage film lenses to my camera...... or......I can go fully automatic with my Panasonic-Leica lenses....all acquired via eBay.

Your input, hopefully, will compliment that of member....Black Pearl....who used to manage a large branch of the original Jessops.... it was he, who guided me over the years advising on both equipment and method... ....

I very much look forward to seeing your posts.

FUJI