Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Dronefly... Might be amongst the last I take....

Paul

Hi guys and gals.

Not been feeling the love with the camera for a good while now, but today I did grab a few, 3 of which were of a dronefly on the laurel.

Can't decide if I am giving up the hobby or not yet, but I might be. In the meantime, I could add a few pics here and there...

1000eristalis_p_00.jpg

1000eristalis_p_01.jpg

1000_eristalis_p_02.jpg

It may well be that the gear finally goes up for sale (mentioned it to Kev in a PM we had recently) but still not 100% sure of the decision. I've lost the interest, but that doesn't mean it's all over just yet. Thought I'd update you all with a pic or three though...

Paul.

2 minutes ago, John2 said:

You need to get back to the club Paul.  Talent shouldn't be wasted.  Nice series.  Keep going.

I don't have the time in the evenings John - and so much has changed there since I stopped going...

Some great shots as usual Paul. I sincerely hope you don't give up on your macro photography as you've produced some absolutely stunning images over the years. (Why not put all the gear in a cupboard for a while rather than selling? Earlier this year I felt exhausted with photography after doing the One a Day Challenge for 731 days consecutively and felt I'd photographed everything I could photograph.)

I must admit most of my macro gear hasn't been used since around Sept last year either- except I did take some macro shots of a toad and common lizard in the last few weeks - plus a couple of shots of a dead fly using the Venus and extension tubes. Yesterday I did charge up all the batteries for my ring flash as we're starting to get nice long evenings, better weather and the bugs are starting to come out.

I would still say hold on to your gear rather than selling up.

Whenever I can't do macro shots, I do something else... I've seen some of your portrait shots and I know you can do them really well, you've also posted some really good shots of your little cat Bilbo. Plus I know you spent a lot of time mastering the art of using the Laowa 60mm 2:1 Super Macro, it would seem a shame to lose that, not just for yourself but to all on the forums who've appreciated your time and dedication, and not to mention the stunning macro shots you've posted.

Absolutely great to see a post from you again Paul! Your superb macro pictures always awed me, but also encouraged me to keep trying, even though I don't have the range of kit that you have.

This set is up to your usual standard, and hopefully we will see some more from you, as and when you can.

How is Bilbo, by the way - loved seeing him too!

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:23, Paul said:

I don't have the time in the evenings John - and so much has changed there since I stopped going...

....  and for the better. Hence my return to the fold this year.

Although I haven't visited here as often as I ought, I was pleased to see your post back on FB.  I missed seeing  your daily bugs and just put it down to the winter months and the scarcity of critters. Don't do it Paul  :(:(:(

Hi, Paul........

I seem to recall that you’ve been here before ?

We have all been there at some point......even me.....a serial poster ?

I think that the best strategy now, is to have a break.....put all your macro gear into a cupboard ....just keep your Valera to hand, ready for action when any kind of mojo returns.....that could be in less than a month or over a year.

Self motivation, can be very elusive at times......just go with the flow....drop by here occasionally just to see what is happening, and, perhaps, to comment on what others are up to.

That said......I did sell all of my Sony gear, including my treasured, dedicated 2.8-100 macro lens......after being totally bowled over by Micro-Four-Thirds kit.....that also takes vintage film lenses.....

A completely new area to explore..........

You could discover another genre of our amazing hobby.....but....go...have that break first.....switch off for a while.

FUJI

Been on a mini break fro a few weeks  and just  caught up with this and my first reaction is  Nooooooooooo  !!! Dont give up Paul ! We love your  macro work on here ... it's not just good ... it is excellent and I am one of your biggest fans... I understand that your subject matter is pretty scarce during the winter months but your photos always herald the warmer weather and a positive outlook when they appear ....so please don't give up .......please.  :236_bug::235_bee::238_beetle::239_ant::240_spider:

Thanks for all your encouraging words, it is really appreciated that you're all saying these things.

I can only do macro. I just can't get on with other genres. Landscapes and people, they just never seem to be anything like I tried to envisage and I quickly became disinterested in everything except.... bugs..

This time though I do think I have reached an impasse - best case scenario would be keeping the lens and flash and putting them on my old 400D (if I can get it back from a friend who has it).

The rest would probably go to be put toward family things etc (daughter learning to drive, expensive wife (lol) and such.

I'll have to see what transpires over the next few days or weeks.

In the meantime, maybe the odd image will sneak in...  

Paul.

Fab images again Paul. Im in a similar place to you with my photography also. Theres always something else more intetesting for me to do where once, I spent every spare moment with my camera. Health issues for me dont help. I cant climb so walking is out (arthritic knees). I cant get down for lower shots. Carrying my bag of equipment last week on holiday contributed to a poorly back rendering me imobile for 3 days. I  maybe need to try things I can do like still life, staged at home, to see if I can rekindle the old flame. Whatever you decide, good luck.But dobt be too rash.

Archived