Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Of Course I'm Eighteen...

Korky

This was a quick grab shot taken as I wandered the streets of Cospicua, Malta a few years back.

Although I like the shot, I'm aware that the main interest is the interaction between the adult and the small boy and it's restricted to one side of the image. So...

Is the RHS superfluous, or does it lend a bit of character and ambience to the scene?

Does the repetition of the bar's name add to or detract from the composition?

Go on, dive in and rip it to bits - but look at the larger version first.

This is typical of Cospicua, btw, it's a bit faded and peeling and well past its best.

Korky

16701607237_229d8d4042_b.jpg

To be honest It's the posture of the smaller of the lads that caught my eye, maybe as if he's about to run off :)

The large version is well worth a look to see the details

The 'split' of the image is something I quite like because of the open/closed contrast. I don't think it would have worked as well if both parts were open (unless you had different people in the other side).

I love it Corky .... not least of all because the title tag fits so perfectly with the  look on the younger boys face as I'm sure that is exactly what the older boy is saying !! I love a pic that tells a story ... or at least one can imagine one that fits .. Fantastic colours too... I don't think it would be  pop as much with the walls any other colour ..    

Thanks Klicker  :rolleyes: Glad you like it!

I can't honestly say I saw the story here before I pressed the shutter - I spotted the boys as I passed on the opposite side of the road and I managed two shots - one of which was a complete failure. I think that's pretty much normal for street shots, some you win, but most you lose.

Korky

• 2 years later...

Hi Korky...yeah you have all the elements for a great image! :)....................but.........ask yourself the question,wots the interest,and if the answer is the human interaction then focus on that....ie crop everything that is distracting from said,often less is more....still lovely capture,would for certain crop out the part AC unit l/h side...................common fault with leaving too much in.

Archived