Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

ALADIN'S CAVE...F.A.O. RONL

FUJI

This is another study from the dark, dusty corner of my tiny workshop, I have processed it as an example of RAW to finished Mono frame for TIPF member Ronl, who is currently  learning the very tangled web of Processing Ropes.

First I show the compressed for showing here, JPEG version of the original RAW shot, straight out of camera, this can be compared directly with my mono processed version that has been given the full treatment.

All done using Photoshop CS6 ...........You will note that I have used many layers on which to select certain areas to emphasise; mainly tonally to increase depth and textures......this takes time and much thought; it is where my creative mind comes in to play....I am making, rather than just taking a photograph.

There were no studio lights, no reflectors, just dusty window light plus that from the experimental LED ring light I am playing with currently.

After a final overall check of tones I used targeted High-Pass Filter three times on separate layers to increase texture and depth further, a final check saw the file closed for saving as a PSD file and JPEG for posting.

I work differently to some, by closing each layer as I go, others keep them all open for greater flexibility, but that takes up lots of disc space and memory (both, in the PC and in my old head ;-)...

Overall, an enjoyable exercise on a very cold and foggy morning:

I learned my PS skills thanks to one to one tuition, from TIPF member Bill, a Photoshop nut of a cousin and a semi pro who put in a great deal of patient time.

A Martin Henson DVD called ...CONTRAST GRADING.....and various YouTube tutorials helped along the way.

I reccomend highly that one-to-one tuition is the bet way to learn:

FUJI

post-4-0-00420000-1416908025.jpg

post-4-0-51344000-1416908034.jpg

I can see from your description and the finished image that a lot of effort has gone into it.

Until I joined TIPF I had no idea that all this was possible, although I find it a bit daunting at the moment I also find it exciting and am looking forward to some proper processing of my own images.

Do bear one very important thing in mind : you won't find two people who use exactly the same method to achieve a particular end. If you use Photoshop/Elements, there are many many different techniques on offer, most of them overlapping. Work out what works best for you, and if that's what you learn first (e.g. about Photoshop), then that's fine, until or unless you find a better way.

Archived