Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Our Anniversary Present.

NannyFerret

This is what our two daughters treated us to for our anniversary.
The little steam train departed from Towyn Wharf and travelled up the mountain where there were some beautiful views.
We had gone on the one in Portmadog a few years ago so we decided to go on this one this year.
It was a memorable day and we stopped off at Dollgoch (not sure if I spelt that right) and walked a little way up the mountain and across the bridge to view the lowest waterfall.
We didn't attempt to go any further up with my knee still healing and Johns sore hips, but the views , which I will post another time were worth going up for, anyway.

Barmouth2014212_zps9309754f.jpg

Barmouth2014176_zps96ce969c.jpg

Barmouth2014211_zps907a21ac.jpg

Barmouth2014210_zps548eef91.jpg

Barmouth2014220_zpsdd9ae76f.jpg

Evie enjoyed it too.
Barmouth2014169_zps0cab9383.jpg

Presents such as this, that leave you with lovely memories are the best ones. Very nice shots of what was obviously a great day. The little trains of North Wales really are super.

We keep hoping our son will send us to New Zealand for a six week holiday, but as yet.......

Korky

Thanks all.

The girls gave us the money to have a nice meal while we were away, but they were pleased when we told them that this is what we would like to do instead.
Needless to say, we enjoyed our picnic when we got half way up and it was a lovely bright day so I was glad to get pics to remind us of the day.

Gorgeous set of pictures - and what a great trip for you.

Here's something to make you laugh. I have dictation software and recently I tried to get it to type 'Dolgellau' ("Doll-GETH-ly"), but do you think it was having any? It came up with "doll gets me" and "doll deathly", anything but. After about the tenth attempt I was getting royally p*ssed off, so just as a snarky joke I decided to Anglicise it, thinking "this won't work in a million years", and said "doll-gell-ow". Yup, you've guessed it - 'Dolgellau' appeared on the screen. :lol:

Lol. You were dictating the name in Welsh, Chris and your software must be set for English.

I must remember this for future reference.

It IS set for English, but it has no problems with "chez moi", "cafe", and "benedictus"! Anyway, don't most English people pronounce Welsh names (almost) as the Welsh do? I mean, who says "Langollen" rather than "Hlangothlen"?

I pronounce it the Welsh way whenever I can.
Maybe the soft ware is confused when you throw your tongue to the back of you mouth for the double LLs and the double DDs , the latter being pronounce "th"
I think Welsh is one of the hardest and I gave up trying when I was young.
I still have a Welsh dictionary somewhere around the house. lol

Archived