Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Baby skin help

Cathy

I have an image that really needs some skin adjustment.

This is a friends baby who allowed me to try my hand at taking some newborn shots of her daughter but i am not sure how to get the correct skin tones.

I have removed some of the magenta but feel it needs something else.

Anyone know of a good tutorial that can help

There are many on google but hope to find one someone has tried

post-1020-0-38188200-1411837767.jpg.

Thank you Kevin!

I love that beautiful creamy effect the proffesiional use on their baby images but I am just not getting it :(

I don't have portraiture so did soften skin slightly with a blur layer. I want to get this one on a canvas so need to get it right lol!

Cathy :)

Hi, Cathy,

A very big WOW!.....for the shot as it is....

I'n not sure what software you have access to......but I would experiment, with portrait softeners, but on very very slightly, on layers so tht you can undo any obvious errors.

Have a go at doing two or three versions, so that you and the parents choose the best.

TOPAZ LABS software can do amazing things, but it is pricey...

FUJI

Fuji thank you for your kind comments I appreciate it a lot.

I have only done a few baby shots and do enjoy it. My daughter has a few friends who have just had babes so I am lucky to have been able to get some practice in. I am quite pleased with some of the images but not great at the skin tones yet :)

I have photoshop and Lightroom but no portrait software yet. Are there any you recommend other thanTopaz or can it be done just as well on photishop

Any info is good. I am searching Google right now for a few tutorials

Cathy :)

Chris thank you!

You are right about the Magenta but I think it looks a little too yellow now for the look I am trying to achieve but may be my iPad

The creamy skin on the first baby of the you tube tutorial is what I am aiming for but not easy :)

Are there any you recommend other thanTopaz or can it be done just as well on photishop

Any work done by a plugin can be done in Photoshop, they just save a little time and effort on your part.

Scour the net for tutorials, there are hundreds out there.

Oh yeah, don't forget to post the results :yes

Found it.

I had to click on more options DUH!

Do you think it is too light?

Yes, I think that's too light as it stands.

As for my edit above, yes I now think it looks too yellow. However, the Photoshop Elements "Adjust colour for skin tones" dialogue does including 3 sliders for further adjustment : 'Blush' (adds or decreases pinky/red), 'Tan' (just as you'd imagine), and 'Temperature' (cold -> warm). I'll have another go at your edit :

post-677-0-69410800-1411896721.jpg

Hi, again Cathy,

The last edits here are close to what you envisage, but ten different people will give you ten different opinions..................I think it is all down to your own creative sensibilities now, and the final approval of the parents.

I do know that this will be a photograph that will be treasured for ever:

FUJI

Chris i like that look much better thank you!

Fuji you are so right!

The parents already have all the shots they loved them just as they were although I had cropped and lightened a few.They were happy and it never cost them anything so all good.

i wanted to give them a nice canvas as a thank you and as they have given me permission to do what I please with the images to help improve my editing hopefully.

Leon glad you liked it she was such a pretty little girl and so good on the day.

Well Done Cathy....

By a sheer coincidene I was asked to consider taking a range of ....Child Shots......by the grown up offspring of a well known local Artist, who, sadly, died very recently.

I was attending a private viewing if her work as a tribute to an amazing mother and lady......the children I have been asked to photograph, are great grandchildren.

I don't know the ages of them yet......but I won't be doing formal studio like shots....it will be outside, or, close to a window.....I'm not a fan of flash photography......a reflector? Yes.

FUJI

Fuji thank you!

What a super chance for you to capture some children shots :) I will look forward to seeing them when they are available I bet they are fab!

I also prefer natural light but have recently bought a home studio kit to play with for those dull winter days

I have enjoyed taking my grandkids and the baby although I have a huge way to go to get the lights and settings right.

It is all for my own pleasure and I think being part of a group like this is always helpful. I am now 6th in the list for my local photgraphy club so that should be great for gathering info from people with more experience than I have.

Thank you everyone all advice has been very helpful :)

Archived