Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hello, I'm Sam, a new member

This is my first attempt at uploading to your forum, I apologise in advance for any silly errors I may make.

My camera is a 15 years old Nikon Coolpix 990 from ebay for £18 a few months ago.

If my snaps are not good enough for a forum like this, please tell me and save all of us any further

enbarrassment.

Thanks,

Sam.

post-1027-0-04844000-1408266128.jpg

post-1027-0-34924900-1408266129.jpg

post-1027-0-95508800-1408266129.jpg

post-1027-0-31930500-1408266131.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Sam - You, your Coolpix and your photographs are very welcome at TIPF.

If there's something you don't know or understand, just ask! There's loads of friendly folk here who'll be only too glad to give you some pointers.

Korky

Hi Sam

You can upload bigger pictures than that - it gives us a clearer view of them. I particularly like number 3 and 4. Number 1 is an interesting idea but probably needs further thought. The second picture has good potential : it could be shot from further away to give the full reflection, or closer to with a dramatic upward perspective, or from a greater distance with the arches compressed and sweeping away ... just some thoughts!

Welcome :)  

Sam, Sam.....Pick up tha' musket Sam ;-).....Sorry culdn't resist it.

A very warm welcome to the TIPF Community........no worries about your current camera, I started on here years ago with an unknown Chinese Brand Bridge Camera (also via eBay)......that got my foot in the door.............after a while the good folk on here gently put me right......so I stayed.

FUJI

Hi Sam, and Welcome :smiling:

It doesn't matter what camera anyone has, it's the enjoyment that you get from using them and showing your pics. 
I quite often post some that I have taken on my compact or Coolpix.
All are welcome and it's such a nice forum to be on.
I haven't posted much for the last few months, but I come on and know I am amongst friends and can just have a chat if I want to.
Happy shooting.

Hi Sam, welcome

dont worry about what gear you have, if you look on you-tube for Digital rev, Kai did a series called "cheap camera challenge", basically they give a really bad camera to a professional photographer, I really like the Chase Jarvis one.

as many toggers say (not just photographers, most hobbies) it's not what you have it's how you use it.

I personally use a 2nd hand Canon 1100d with 2nd hand lenses, if you look on my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/91184957@N03/ you will see what can be achieved with basic equipment (yes I know it's more advanced than your camera but you get the idea)

all the best and keep posting, we are a good bunch here, sometimes though what we would say face to face does not come out the same as it does on the forum so please don't think people are being mean or abrupt.

colinb

Thanks for commenting, I tried to upload the JPG files straight from the camera but the site software said the files were too big to upload. I reduced them with iPhoto and they came out the size on this thread (the first four). I will try to upload another one, using a larger size. This boat pic is the next size up, coilnp, this looks the right size doesn't it? Please be kind enough to let me know if it is in fact, the right, size.

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

Sam

==============================

Mr Rundle, You said the outboard motor would look better in black and white, sorry but I don't like it in black and white. Thanks for your comment though.

You also said, Quote "If others don't like them, TOUGH" Tough on who?, the photographer or the viewer.?????

Thanks,

Sam

post-1027-0-44775700-1408299490.jpg

• Like 1

brockthebadger you will find we are a very friendly bunch here so if in doubt assume the comment will be positive and not aimed at you or trying to belittle you.

In general you can be absolutely certain that we have not trying to be confrontational.

Keep posting, keep taking onboard advice and lets hope we all gain from the interaction.

Nice image of an Oban trawler sam

Horizon on a third, trawler on a third, makes a nice composition and some detail in the sky

What normally happens with photography is that your skill level keeps improving until you outstrip what the camera can do that you have  

Thats the time to upgrade and so it goes on until you are very good or very poor

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. Really like the trawler pic, good composition and an interesting subject. What camera you use doesn't make a big difference to a good picture, you can use a mobile phone if you like; what matters is using your eyes to see the world and make pictures in your mind that you then capture. One famous photographer (think it may have been Ansell Adams) said, great photographs are made, not taken.