Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

In the market for a new (2nd hand) body

Have about £350 to spend.

Want to stick with Canon to use existing lenses.

Want ideally full frame.

My choices that suit are limited but in my price range are the MK1 EOS 5d and EOS 1DS.

Always fancied a 1D but am I better off forgetting full frame a getting new tech such as 50D?

I don't do sports or wildlife, so going to be used for landscapes and street work.

Someone help me decide!

You could simply update/edit the original post you don't have to post more than once

Hmmmmmm, If you find FF for that let me know ;)

Check London Camera Exchange pre owned they have 50Ds on there £350, but that is a very low budget

50D isn't "new tech"

If you could go for £450 they have a 60D

Edited by jeremy rundle

Thanks all, looks like I am ordering a 50d with EF-S 15mm-85mm IS USM.

Unless someone can tell me I am making a mistake!  Decided against FF as wanted a more up to date body.  Anything later than the 50d and I can't afford a new lens, since I need to sell the 400d to afford it  I can't rely on having the 18-55mm.   I toyed with getting a 40D and better lens/extra lens but again it's a very old body now.

Matt i own a 400d and upgraded to a 50d (a while back just as the 50d was being superceeded by the 60d) the differance is quite marked as is the size and weight

The 50d handles raw so much quicker and the focusing is better

In general those that had a 40d would not upgrade to a 50d but to a 60d

Those that had a 50d would not upgrade to a 60d but to a 7d

What I am saying is the actual picture taking remains fairly static but the add ons are only worth the upgrade like do you need video?

The only downside is its an old camera and the condition and use are a vital decision making point

every thing retires at some point some just remain fitter

Mine is still going strong but I have only 6000+ shots through it (I am an old film shooter and are quite mean with the pixels plus I come from Yorkshire )

The one I am looking at has a shutter count of 10,000.  Pretty much every other was in the region of 30k shutter actuations.  I am buying the camera from Wex, I haven't used them before but they seem to have a failry good reputation.

I have no interested in film or gps which is why I stuck at the 50d.  The next upgrade would be to FF, but that's a good few years down the line it think.