Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

500px

Leon

Well, it is not that easy but easier than people will let on.

All I do is phone and ask, explain how good I am say how good YOU are, don't undersell yourself, say you would like to attend as a photographer behind the scene and most of the time no probs.

Or as I did 18 months ago, attend a meeting, shoot some good shots, edit well and put them onto a well presented DVD, printed with a good cover and in a case and supply them free, if you check out my P1 Superstock / powerboats page on facebook below, I am now a regular photographer there, simply by asking and being professional, may take you a year from start to finish but heck.

1.  Print off FREE photos of god shots for the drivers etc and give them to them, to get in with them, but also because you genuinely want them to have them.

2.  Be better than any other photographer there even if it only means that you go back on day 2 and hand out the photos, no one else does score 1

3.  Allow the drivers / riders / whoever to be able to download FREE ones for family from your website

4.  Send the organizers, magazines free images to use with the proviso that YOUR name/website is associated with the image and you get a free copy of the magazine (Speedscene is good and used mine)

Edited by jeremy rundle

hahaha ok...........................

See this on my site, I recently did a Recipe Book for Age UK, and did need 5M of insurance at £120 a year.

Go to "published, Age uk

However I have NEVER ever been asked for insurance at any sports event, I do have it but never been asked,

Edited by jeremy rundle

http://www.richardlukephotography.com/?page_id=117

think I'll give your way a try, then again will camera gear come into your way? 

I have said before I'm going to meet the owner of the company that sponsors the Cetus stages  http://wiganmotorclub.org.uk/cetus-stages-rally-2014/  in a few weeks, I know it's all about what quality pictures you produce but I have it in the back of my head he'll be expecting me to be carrying 2 1DX's all with L lenses, not an old entry level 1000D with a cheap Sigma lens...

then again he is getting 2 A4 framed prints from me for free so I guess I'll prove my point when he sees them?

Why are people so concerned about the gear they have, I started with a 60D, ok and that was ONLY because the insurance company replaced my stolen 10D with new for old, are they judging you on the camera you use or the shots you take, come on.  I've seen your photos, don't tell them if it bothers you.

not at all.

I look at some "pro" shots and wonder how the **** they make a living :)

guess being in the right place at the right time, or, knowing the right people?

nothing will get in the way of me doing what I want to do. I have added 200 complete strangers to my "other" facebook page just to be able to get myself known.

this year money is tight so I can only get to my local track "Three sisters" but next year I'll be back following them to as many venues my marriage will allow :)

business cards are on order, planning to buy a domain to point at my flickr ot 500px till funds allow for a proper website, when I have enough people who know me by name in person I'll start touting myself around to maybe get the holy grail "press pass"

watch this space :)

Edited by mrwall

Ok I think I have confused the situation, in "Newspaper" speak I do not have a "press pass" I get a press pass from each event I attend, in other words, the organizers have the ability to allow or decline access to members of the "Media".

For example I was admitted as "Press / media" to behind the scenes P1 power boat in Docklands a couple of weeks ago, very limited and a privilege.

I also attend as "Press or Media" some events at Beaulieu and other sites, races, hill climbs, surfing etc.

I have never found the need for a, technically correct "press pass",  

In the past and future I find that a direct call to events organizers along with a link to my sites and especially and more importantly these days a good facebook page business orientated always does the job.

Of course it helps if you can post better and better and more "well connected" shots of more prestigious events, that comes with working your way up.  For example, last year I simply shot P1, this year and for the next three years (so far) I am sponsoring a powerboat team for £18k, that helps :)

100% agree with the above, ignore morons who are snobs, I am a extrovert Sagittarian who speaks my mind and you take me as you find me.

Shame you are not local

Right place Right time !!!!!!,   get in the right place and get to know the right people, I did, and I am on anti-depressants and don't mix, but last year I thought s** it, go for it, and it paid off big time

Edited by jeremy rundle

£6k a year sounds better, thankfully my father died last year and after 6 months the house is finally on the market, so at 57 I now have a life, you are young yet

And before anyone says I am cruel, as a single father of three disabled sons for 18 years he never so much as bought them a pair of shoes, gave me any help or cared.

Edited by jeremy rundle

I have said before I'm going to meet the owner of the company that sponsors the Cetus stages  http://wiganmotorclub.org.uk/cetus-stages-rally-2014/  in a few weeks, I know it's all about what quality pictures you produce but I have it in the back of my head he'll be expecting me to be carrying 2 1DX's all with L lenses, not an old entry level 1000D with a cheap Sigma lens...

then again he is getting 2 A4 framed prints from me for free so I guess I'll prove my point when he sees them?

Leon  - it is always about the final image not the gear - don't take your camera into a meeting if you feel 'it's not good enough' take your images.

Framed prints for FREE :wacko: - not something I ever do but I will print contact sheets showing numerous images, or even a print mounted on a card surround (this kind of thing http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/picture-mounts-a3 ) I never normally sell 'framed' prints as it cuts into any profit and framing can make the final cost prohibitive to selling. If you have a branch of the 'Range' near to you pop in and take a look at their mounts.

2000 + views??  Nice... but 1 sale is so much better

just had a thought Leon - 

have you considered using some of your best images, print them into a photobook?

Join up with www.photobox.co.uk and the like as they often have offers regarding photobooks,

I find having a couple of hard cover books very useful to show and sell my images and the books have proved their worth - give it some thought, might be more cost effective than giving away free framed prints.

Edited by colinb

just had a thought Leon - 

have you considered using some of your best images, print them into a photobook?

Join up with www.photobox.co.uk and the like as they often have offers regarding photobooks,

I find having a couple of hard cover books very useful to show and sell my images and the books have proved their worth - give it some thought, might be more cost effective than giving away free framed prints.

Or get a Mac! You can put together a high-class photo book of your own in iPhoto and send the file off to Apple who will print it off - hardback, high quality paper - for somewhere around twenty quid.

the only reason this guy gets a freebie is he's the one who's letting me use his race car on my cards. it won't be a common thing trust me!!

on that subject I have had another rally driver who wants to use my images in a write up, not sure when or where, I have agreed, she says I will get full credit wherever it is. :)

maybe motorsport is my thing?

Or get a Mac! You can put together a high-class photo book of your own in iPhoto and send the file off to Apple who will print it off - hardback, high quality paper - for somewhere around twenty quid.

a PC will do too,.. plenty of software and websites who do this. (my mobile does too)