Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

My first HDR image

I haven't looked into creating HDR images before but found some free software called Luminance HDR and got it to process an image. Could be better I'm sure but just a first attempt:

mine1_zps39d76575.jpg

Annie, it may look a bit awful until you choose the right effect (click the best thumbnail on right hand side) and click 'tonemap' (on the left) to process.

Mark it looks fine but without seeing a single image its difficult to tell any gains?

Annie - why? 

couple of tips -

if you are using 3 brackets manual focus is best,

always use raw files 

the 'convert to HDR' within photoshop is rubbish, search the web there is several 'free' software tools out there.

Go easy on the luminance/lighting control and try to avoid 'halos' around trees, building etc.

and after you have done the 'hdr' bit you may need to adjust levels/curves in photoshop and even tone down the saturation!

the 'convert to HDR' within photoshop is rubbish!

I'm going to disagree with you there Colin. I've recently watched an excellent tutorial that shows just how to use the tool.

I'm stuck at work tonight but I'll dig it out tomorrow.

I'm going to disagree with you there Colin. I've recently watched an excellent tutorial that shows just how to use the tool.

I'm stuck at work tonight but I'll dig it out tomorrow.

Phil - I probably should say as far as up to CS3 goes, I found it far to automated. But I will look at your tutorial.

Mark I think you have done a good job with what you have, hdr is great for bringing out detail in the sky but the sea mist seems to have scotched that idea although you could try a 2 stop version.

I don't know how close these ruins are to you but this is the sort of place I would be going back at sunset/dawn winter summer etc as it looks a good location.

I use photomatix for HDR.  I never use auto bracketing but tend to take a series of manual shots (about 12) and check the exposure back on the laptop with Lightroom.  Once I have picked at least 3 images that encompass the tonal range I want I then process these in Photomatix, tone map, import back into Lightroom for levels/contrast and general adjustments then back to CS2 to sharpen. 

I like photomatix for processing HDRs and it is si simple to use with sliders that give an instant preview, and it is fairly quick too.

• 1 year later...

Archived