Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

FUJI

I'm sorry if I keep harping on........But I still can't believe what this £39.99 Lens is producing.

These Portraits were taken at my Barber's yesterday, using just the window light and shop lights relected of white walls and ceiling.................I shot the one of the barber ( a good friend) and he shot the one of Yours Truly.............

Both have had minimum cropping so the RAW files are huge................Before, anyone asks, I have processed a colour one of him and a mono one of myself:

I do realise that the pic of myself isn't mine but my barber mate would appreciate comments..........he used to do Portrait Photography in his native Bulgaria as an adjunct to cutting hair.

I am rapidly becoming a big fan of Manual Focussing, not so much for Portraits like hese, but for shots like my leafy one of yesterday because you can really define the Exact area or spot of focus..........................it is something I have never done with my many AUTO Lenses.

I really must switch my Auto lenses to manual if the subject warrants it......................not easy if (like me) you leave town loaded with full carrier bags:  :rolleyes:

FUJI

post-4-0-76553500-1429294232.jpg

post-4-0-54463300-1429294249.jpg

the B/W image is a stand out shot Fuji worthy of any pro-studio 

... but I would ask for your money back on the hair cut.

Hi, Colin,

Thank you!

The one of me was taken BEFORE my hair cut......I always wait for at least three months between them.....No! Im not a cheapskate, my barber mate, has kept in as I like it for six years now......I hate short back and sides since being forcibly shorn during National Service.

FUJI

Very good Fuji I can see why you like that lens. :)

You will not find AF lenses as easy to manual focus as that one. I don't know about your camera af but face detection set to focus on the the nearest eye to the camera usually nails it every time for me. :)

You will not find AF lenses as easy to manual focus as that one. I don't know about your camera af but face detection set to focus on the the nearest eye to the camera usually nails it every time for me. :)

You're right, but Lumix cameras have a thingy (can't remember the name off the top of my head) where in MF the in-focus areas have a little fluorescent highlighting colour on them, which makes things a lot easier.

You're right, but Lumix cameras have a thingy (can't remember the name off the top of my head) where in MF the in-focus areas have a little fluorescent highlighting colour on them, which makes things a lot easier.

It's called peak focusing Chris, Olympus cameras have it as well. :)

It's called peak focusing Chris, Olympus cameras have it as well. :)

I didn't know what it it was called, but I do know that those little sparkly edges are an absolute Godsend to Manual Focussing....

I've had a Ball with the lens this morning..........it is forcing me to think even more, before I press the shutter.

Thank You for the kind comments folks.

FUJI

Archived