Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Help with passport photo

Hi, 

We are currently trying to get a passport photo for our 3 month old baby. We have just been to the local photo booth and wasted £5 on a set of pictures showing half the face of a screaming baby. 

I can obviously take some pics which would e suitable but i need to resize them correctly and then get them printed. Can anyone please help by letting me know how to do this? I have LR5 on my Macbook but have no idea how to size any picture correctly (45mm x 35mm)

I always do my own for bus passes etc.and also resize my friends photo for her disabled pass in the same way as Chris said.

The booth photo's are rubbish.

The ones tha I have had done in a booth in the past, could have been anyone because they were so bad. :-o

Edited by NannyFerret

passport office has very strict criteria these days but I have done several it can just take a bit of time cropping the pic to meet the requirements, always printed them on photo paper via my epson and none have been rejected so far (touch wood)

passport office has very strict criteria these days but I have done several it can just take a bit of time cropping the pic to meet the requirements, always printed them on photo paper via my epson and none have been rejected so far (touch wood)

Same here. I have done passport pics for some of the family and they have always been accepted.

I've done them several times and if you follow the guidelines in the link above, it's fairly simple.  I think you get a bit more leeway with a baby.

But they're fussy about what they're being printed on, so not sure about inkjet prints.  I can get 6 passport pictures on one 6"x4" print that costs 25p at ASDA, so perhaps that's the way to do it?

Being a passport officer, the guidance is no home done photos, but in practice as long as the pic quality is OK then they generally get accepted.make sure the paper isn't too flimsy, that tends to give poor scans. There is a fair amount of leeway given on babies pictures, but its always possible the examiner who gets it is a jobsworth ;-)