Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Oh My God....

Paul

WOW! ........indeed!

Brilliant shots, as always a Paul.

I've, never seen a live Scorpion, but have an innate fear of them.......it might be something to do with a well known Fantasy film ( can't recall the title) in which there is a trial of character, during which, the main characters have to put their forearm deep inside a hollow log containing one......UGH!

That Scorpion not only stings, it looks as if it could give you a nasty nip with those jaws too?

FUJI

Brilliant, Paul!!!! We have Scorpions in the house, (rarely), in the garage and in the wood pile, and we do see the odd one or two on our firewood collecting trips, but they don't stay still and pose like that!!!!!! Love the second one :D

Wow, awesome shots!

Thanks Rick  :)

WOW! ........indeed!

Brilliant shots, as always a Paul.

I've, never seen a live Scorpion, but have an innate fear of them.......it might be something to do with a well known Fantasy film ( can't recall the title) in which there is a trial of character, during which, the main characters have to put their forearm deep inside a hollow log containing one......UGH!

That Scorpion not only stings, it looks as if it could give you a nasty nip with those jaws too?

FUJI

Don't know the film, unless it's Jason and the Argonauts... and I reckon even one the size of this (about 2 inches) could make a bite very noticeable and a sting unforgettable!

Brilliant, Paul!!!! We have Scorpions in the house, (rarely), in the garage and in the wood pile, and we do see the odd one or two on our firewood collecting trips, but they don't stay still and pose like that!!!!!! Love the second one :D

Thanks Dee.

Fortunately for us in the UK, they are only found natively wild on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent, hundreds of miles from where I live. That you have them in your garden is no surprise, though not this species, its the European Yellow-tailed scorpion..

Paul.

I would hate to live where these are hiding under rocks and stones and bits of wood

Don't knock Chorley, it's got an Asda and a swimming pool and a bus station  :yes

That really is an evil looking little sod - do people honestly keep these as pets?

Korky

Don't knock Chorley, it's got an Asda and a swimming pool and a bus station  :yes

That really is an evil looking little sod - do people honestly keep these as pets?

Korky

They clearly do Korky have them as pets. Beyond me though, lol..

Next time you're in Chorley town centre, if you park on the Flat Iron and go up toward the high street, you'll see our Bretts shop on the left hand side of the road. Big yellow sign above the front, created and designed for him by yours truly!

Paul.

.......it might be something to do with a well known Fantasy film ( can't recall the title) in which there is a trial of character, during which, the main characters have to put their forearm deep inside a hollow log containing one......UGH!

Flash Gordon 1980's Film

Quote from wiki pidia

Aura and Flash arrive at Arboria. Aura asks the Prince to keep Flash safe. A distrustful Barin, in love with Aura, agrees not to kill Flash, but then forces him to perform a deadly ritual. Barin and Flash take turns sticking their hands into a hollow stump with a giant scorpion-like Wood Beast inside. When Flash has to take an extra turn, he pretends to be stung as a distraction and escapes. Barin follows, but they are both captured by the Hawkmen

Nice shots looks as if it could bite as well R's end you one

Archived