Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

HEAVEN ON WHEELS

FUJI

This beautifully restored VW Split Screen Camper belongs to a neighbour...........................everytime I see him prepare it for a Rally or camping trip, I recall my own long ownership of a 1973 Bow Window VW Camper.

A good investment both............neither really lost money even though a fair amount was spent over the years of ownership...............they are relatively cheap to maintain but (sadly) thirsty beasts....at 18-26 to the gallon, their downfall as far as I was concerned.

I cried when I was forced to let mine go to an aquaintance for restoration.....I used to cry again everytime I saw it in its restored state.

Cant drive now,  anyway so just feel very nostalgic nowadays.

This pic  was taken completely manually using a vintage M42 lens...a COSINA 2.1-55 as far as I recall.....it seems to have a very definate cut off for focus, but that seems to give this shot a rather dreamy feel?

We enjoyed many happy holidays all over the UK in our Camper, it was also, my everyday vehicle for my Toy-Making business, a real workhorse, load carrier, B&B, Workshop and Sales Pitch at Craft events all over the Midlands and Cotswolds.

The van and I pitched up in the grounds of Stately Homes, HIstoric Sites, Museums and Schools all over, we became very well known on our regular circuit...I loved every day and every minute of that life......didn't make money, but made lots of very real friends as I brought the joy of Traditional Toys to thousands of kids and families.

FUJI

post-4-0-47579300-1425825291.jpg

Nice bus, for me the fuzzy edge on the roof area is a bit distracting.

When I've finished watching.....James Bond ....on TV.....I will take a very close look at the original, to see if the fuzzy roof was caused by that vintage M42 thread COSINA 2.1-55 lens?

I think it adds a dreamy look.

FUJI

When I've finished watching.....James Bond ....on TV.....I will take a very close look at the original, to see if the fuzzy roof was caused by that vintage M42 thread COSINA 2.1-55 lens?

I think it adds a dreamy look.

FUJI

Don't look at changing it on my account. If you like it that way then that's the main thing. :)

HI, again Folks,

I don't know what I did to get the fuzzy top to the Camper....

It definitely wasn't the vintage lens, but something I inadvertantly did whilst processing from RAW.

Here it is again.....a completely new edit.....much better?

FUJI

post-4-0-51279900-1425846681.jpg

Lovely old van but don't like the soft look you added.

You mean that in the first version BP?

That was some kind if error in my first processing attempt, it wasn't deliberate.....I thought it was caused by the vintage lens....but no....it was I.

I still quite like it though.....the dreamy look?

The second attempt at processing is as sharp as the original.

FUJI

Image 2 is far better than the first attempt - can't help wondering if a square crop might suit the subject better.

Or am I digging a yet deeper pit for myself?

Korky

Hi, Korky,

Come on! .......I 'm not that sensitive........yes, I too thought if a tighter crop, but chose to keep in the almost perfect white surround of its garage which echoes the white of the Camper roof. I will consider doing a tighter drop version, the owner will love that.

The pic was taken using an old film lens, from the other side of the main road passing our houses so the crop was pretty fierce.

You haven't lived until you've owned a ......Passion Wagon ;-)

FUJI

The pic was taken using an old film lens, from the other side of the main road passing our houses so the crop was pretty fierce.

The image now makes sense. As it stood without that bit of information it looked like you had added a blur/processing or there was something seriously wrong with the lens. Now we know its a severe crop its easier to understand why the image is soft and has such strong CA's.

I liked the fuzzy top camper, --I think they only made about "one" in 1966????

Geoff

Yes!

I'm sure this is a 1966 model......

We owned a 1966 VW BEETLE........with a D registration........a six volt model, with headlamps that gave light like candles........it was converted to 12 volt soon after we had it........What a difference :-)

FUJI

Good News,

The owner of the camper is delighted with the photograph......

He has asked if I could take more pics in selected nearby locations.............Can't wait!

FUJI

Good News,

The owner of the camper is delighted with the photograph......

He has asked if I could take more pics in selected nearby locations.............Can't wait!

FUJI

That should be good fun. Look forward to seeing the results. 

Love the way they have longingly restored this van. It looks amazing :)

We have old car shows here at Culzean castle during summer. It is amazing to see all the very proud owners drive their vintage cars

Down the motorway.

Archived