Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Stormy seafront at Ayr

Cathy

Booming heck Cathy...you were brave to be that close.

Good shots Cathy. The second one is brilliant

Thank you it was such fun!

I kept far enough away not to be too near any danger and tried to time the waves Haha! Like you can I don't think so

Was horrified further on as there is a slip path right into the beach where happily playing away was a young girl shouting at the waves to catch her. I approached her to tell her she was in a very dangerous place as she was only inches away from the swirling water but close enough to the edge for a wave to grab her and only to discover there was her dad sitting in his warm dry car videoing her WHAT!

I still can't get over it. I will pop a picture on later as he was happy for her to be there playing so as I stepped back I took a shot.

I love the movement of the waves and the shapes that the crashing sea produces, Good picture Cathy, (don't forget to clean the salt from your camera afterwards)

Geoff

Geoff that did concern me a lot! I only have a Canon 700D but it is precious to me. I gave it a wipe down with a clean warm cloth so hopefully it will be ok. Actually I must go and check lol!

Wow Cathy how crazy is that and you say her dad was sat in a car filming this?

You have to wonder about some people, she could have been washed of that slipway so easy.

This always makes me think of the rescue services who have to risk their necks in saving people like this.

Ron

As part of one of the rescue services it never ceases to amaze me how little respect people have for weather events. In our last inundation we had kids videoing themselves with 20 feet waves behind them which could easily have swept them out to sea. If that had happened to just one of them the number of people risking their lives to try to rescue them would have been very disproportionate let alone the unecessary cost to the tax payer.

Oh, great pics by the way. :)

The force of the waves could have easily knocked the girl over and dragged her in. Some parents don't deserve to have kids.

Apart from that they are smashing captures.

It's exciting to get some shots when the sea is raging, isn't it?

I was on the prom in Barmouth a couple of years back before breakfast so that I could catch the sea in action.

A clear polythene bag with a hole cut in the corner and an elastic band is handy to help protect your camera in situations like this.

Wow Cathy how crazy is that and you say her dad was sat in a car filming this?

You have to wonder about some people, she could have been washed of that slipway so easy.

This always makes me think of the rescue services who have to risk their necks in saving people like this.

Ron

What got me angry was not only the fact he was sitting in his car videoing but that should she have got into any rouble he would not have been close enough to help or to actually see her as she went down that slip to the very edge of the water! Argh!!

It's the 2nd one for me too Cathy ... The composition   for me is spot on ...the line of the wall invites one to explore into the scene, then the horizon  takes the eye back into the pic where the red lifebelt and crashing wave settles the focus. I really like it with an almost monotone feel with that accent red ...and  subtle reddy brown in the surf and the stone ..... What a lot of quality images  on this forum ... t'is impressive . Still finding my way around here ....

Beggars belief, the incident with the child,.... seconds away from  a possible tragedy!

I would have been inclined to snap the car and numberplate too.

Archived