Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

any thoughts please

I upgraded from a 40d to a 7d Mk1 about a year ago. I have no regrets whatsoever. I knew the 7d Mk 2 was due out but for the price brand knew the 7d Mk 1 was a pretty good competitive buy. A lot of camera for a very moderate price.

Edited by kev7d

There are better quailified people on here than me but ive just been looking at this myself as my 50d is knocking on

The differences that I see are the 70d is cheaper than a 7dmk11

The 7d has a bigger buffer before its full 31 raw 1090 jpegs as oppsed to 16 raw 65jpeg

The 70d is as weatherproof as a mk1 7d but the mk11 is 4 times better

The focusing should be better on a 7d 63 cross points 70d 19cross points

7D 10 frames per sec 70d 7frames per sec

70d touch screen and swivel 7D dosnt

So what does that lot say

to me if I was shooting sport/ wildbirds in flight or anything fast in raw the 7d

Anything else and its cheaper (yorkshire lad) the 70d the only draw back for me is the touch screen as I arnt a fan of touch screens

Ah I see (where did I put my specs) you were looking at the mk1 7d, now there isnt a lot to choose

The buffer rate is higher on the 7d

The focus is the same both 19 cross points

the weather proofing is the same

There is only 2megapixal differance in favour of the 70d which is pritty meaningless

Its a hard call between the two especially now the mk1's are down in price with the mk2 on the scene

I still think I will, once the expenses allow, go for the 70d unless I take up shooting fast moving things then I would go for the 7d

Still have the 40D, got a 7D just after the 7D mk2 was released, right before the price went back up! Struggled to choose between 7D and 70D, but decided that as I don't do video, and can't do macro :-) the touch screen was an unnecessary gadget (which I'd likely break).  Love the 100% viewfinder on the 7D, in fact, love the 7D experience all round, feels properly solid, weathersealed, shutter noise to die for!! ( I know of one that went into a river, worked fine after an overnight dry).

• Like 1

Buy a Nikon ;-)

Now that is below the belt and completely uncalled for, we will not tolerate obscene language! ;)

I used the 7D for a couple of years and loved everything about it, it's solid and very well built, and the focus tracking is to die for.

I now use a Fuji X-T1 which I also love, but there are times when I would have the 7D back which is classed as a semi pro body. It's probably just snobbery but, although a newer camera I would see the 70D as a step backward.