Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A cold morning.

Rick448

Here are a few shots I took at work last week. These were taken following some runway snow clearing. Unfortunately I only had my compact Ixus 105 in my office and my iPhone 6 but I quite like the results. Feel free to pass comments as I am now trying to improve my shooting. I'll be trying my hand at most things and want to take part in the challenges here.

e48c12b22fc257486e8db42812130311_zps2639

Click image to view large

71685d407b84e5e3dbc2e8a796119f99_zps9cc0

062cf4d55b8a3dedea7d333e45ad3ba4_zps179e

b4853286761e39b8821b6308982884e6_zps5943

we do a bit of that at work too, i sit in an operations center and direct plows from on high.  you had a beautiful morning.  couple of suggestions - watch your horizons, the first appears to be leaning right, the third left.  and be careful of placing the horizon in the center.  the first and fourth are nice snapshots, the middle two are good photographs.  love the pastel colors in the sunrise.

we do a bit of that at work too, i sit in an operations center and direct plows from on high. you had a beautiful morning. couple of suggestions - watch your horizons, the first appears to be leaning right, the third left. and be careful of placing the horizon in the center. the first and fourth are nice snapshots, the middle two are good photographs. love the pastel colors in the sunrise.

Many thanks for the comments. Had I been using my proper gear I'd have been more likely to have got things properly level. The Ixus only has an LCD screen to compose the shot and to be honest I wasn't concentrating on the horizon properly. I may crop the image to move the central horizon to see how that looks.

I really do like that last shot - the almost mono appearance of it, and the capture of snow flakes makes it stand out for me.

Thanks. It's amazing what you can do with a phone nowadays. I should have my new camera this week and then I can keep a spare one at work to get some better shots.

Cropped, unfortunately I can't do anything about the slope as I only have LR5.

767a0e6f08039ac45d4d745764610723_zpsce55

lr 5 is more than capable of taking care of this.  in the crop tool there is a free form rotation option.  and if that doesn't work for you there is also a little ruler that you can drag across the horizon and lr will figure out how much it needs to be rotated.

further down there's the image correction tools.  that will automatically correct your verticals, horizontals or both.

lr 5 is more than capable of taking care of this. in the crop tool there is a free form rotation option. and if that doesn't work for you there is also a little ruler that you can drag across the horizon and lr will figure out how much it needs to be rotated.

further down there's the image correction tools. that will automatically correct your verticals, horizontals or both.

Many thanks, I'll check that out.

Archived