Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

RAFA Shoreham Airshow 2014

JamWheel

My first time at this airshow so I was looking forward to see what the light would deal me and also looking forward to seeing some acts for the first time.

I had a great weekend, albeit absolutely shattering. Here are some of my photos from the day:

The Trig boys getting airborne in close formation:

14912125319_aa81f88874_b.jpg

Click image to view large

Trig Aerobatic Team by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

Rats flying the lovely Mk I Spitfire:

15098572632_77a31baece_b.jpg

Spitfire MkI by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

My attempts for full propeller discs on Sally B resulted in a sharp nose and chin but little else:

15099230095_01f2336ae3_b.jpg

Sally B - Sharp Nosed by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

Another attempt at the same - sadly no sun to pick up the yellow tips on the propellers - these engines run at fairly low RPM so this is hard to capture - this was 1/40th:

14924093600_f3bbd56c92_b.jpg

Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress - Sally B by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

The RAF Falcons parachute display team demonstrating how to fall out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft in style:

14921166549_1d4aa3e259_b.jpg

RAF Falcons by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

Mark Miller, head on in is beautiful Dragon Rapide:

14924348399_1bd70920da_b.jpg

Head On Rapide by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

The Breitling Wingwalkers putting on a colourful display as always:

15111219185_3cb7f2a448_b.jpg

To Infinity... And Beyond! by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

Testing the AF on my camera, the Corsair takes off through a hail of grass cuttings from the Hellcat in front:

15115868965_280a9af035_b.jpg

Corsair Through The Looking Grass by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancaster bomber - up close, with the current nose art, Thumper MkIII:

15112874211_016157542f_b.jpg

Thumper MkIII by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

Peter Teichman taking off in his Spitfire:

15076009836_e2d4917532_b.jpg

Photo Recon Spitfire by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

Another take off run which I managed to get some good prop blur for:

14929216200_a7dd113848_b.jpg

P-51 Mustang - Miss Velma by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

Excellent shots, good variety of angles, good panning techniques and prop movement in nearly all.

Thanks, Bill - the only one without apparent prop movement is the Lancaster which is directly side on to me - at this angle it is almost impossible to get convincing movement as the prop travels straight towards you. Bit annoying though, I agree! I could probably have avoided it with a really low shutter speed (less than 1/100 probably) but I almost certainly wouldn't have caught the shot at all. I'll have to live with the concession on that shot I think. Thanks for the kind words in response to my post.

Thanks everyone else for the kind words too! :)

Great work, James - photography to be proud of.

Korky

Great stuff..

I have a feeling they was what came over Duxford

I do particularly like the Peter T Spit shot :), but again all good as per :)

Thanks for the kind comments all :)

They are good

No1 hit me straight away and No3 I can hear the engines (crink in the neck panning for that one I bet)

Actually it was a little way off - they can't fly towards and over the crowd line in the UK so they have to pull away a set distance away. The change in perspective has meant all bar one point has blurred but it has prop discs, sort of - I need a sunny day to pick up the yellow prop tips better :)

I gave this one a texture using the Nik tools which I recently purchased - looks quite good I think, for fun:

15115732901_7f62f95c8c_b.jpg

Dogfight! by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

This one is just far enough off being side on and a low enough shutter speed while at full throttle that I managed discs - an interesting perspective:

14912414609_217384e765_b.jpg

Dutch B-25 by James Wheeler Photography, on Flickr

• 2 months later...

Archived