Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Along the Dales Way

Martyn

Shooting again is not possible for everyone due to perhaps a multitude of different reasons - time, opportunity, physical capacity, etc. So why not process afterwards, and make a picture? I know artists who take photographs and then use the photo at home to create a painting from. It's just part of the wider creative process. There's some wonderful creations in this forum that started out as photos.

As for darkrooms ... wasn't it in the darkrooms of film studios that the term 'airbrushing' was first coined? I'd say that was 'helping reality along' quite a bit!

I know shooting again isn't always possible - sometimes you just miss the shot. I live with it, move on and learn, so I try to get closer to it or similar next time. If I just fix it afterwards with some copy and paste action - where is the motivation to get it right next time? I could just bodge it again.

Yep - we used to have to pen in hair marks on images as well after they had been printed 2 metres wide. It was low tech but you could do things to the images, either while processing the film, exposing the paper or indeed while developing the paper, followed by touching up afterwards if required. It depends on what lengths you're prepared to go to. I would rather spend less time in front of the PC polishing something I have messed up in the camera personally.Airbrushing was at least working with something you had photographed in the first place though.

If I think I could have done it in the darkroom in some way - I will do it without question. That's my rule of thumb. Everything beyond that I second guess. Is this worth the effort? If yes, I might go a bit further but that tends to be an exception.

That's my preference. I know others have theirs. The world wouldn't be very interesting if we all agreed all of the time :)

Archived