Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Washed Up on Walney

Martyn

I love living next to the sea! There is something about ebb and flow of the tides, the shifting of the sands, the unpredictable weather and the seagoing craft that make it a magical place. Yet more boat pictures; this time from Walney Island.

13518514273_6c2b774714_b_d.jpg

13518427935_5d297bf74d_b_d.jpg

13518765254_f07214203f_b_d.jpg

13518431565_351b7e780a_b_d.jpg

13518523943_ae6dd19087_b_d.jpg

They always look so sad to me. They must have been someones pride and joy at some time, 

Another wonderful set Martyn.....

It's worse than that Annie, they were someones livelihood at one time!

Great set - number two is my fav.

While I loved being back in The Lakes on Tuesday there is something about living on the coast that is special. I love the light and the way the while seashore can change from day to day. I'm also luck to have a couple of big rivers nearby with a ferry that runs across one of them ever fifteen minutes.....wish I had the wrecked boat though.

Martyn, it seems to be your topics where the NEXT and PREV buttons don't work - is there something you're doing different to everyone else, that makes it necessary to close each picture and open the next one, without being able to click on those useful buttons?

Fantastic set - #2 and #4 are amazingly dramatic, superb angles, and nicely sandwich #3 which looks like it is underwater - is it?

Cheers Chris, the Sigma 10-20mm is great for getting close and low down. I reckon I could have reached out and touched the boat from my shooting position.

Yes it is under water. I put my camera in one of those clear plastic Ferrero Rocher chocolate boxes and stripped down to my undies for this one! :X            ;)             :rofl:

Brilliant set of images. Liked every one, #2 does it for me. But why tie them up, do they still float?

The tide comes in twice a day Brian, most of them still float and even get used occasionally. All except the ones broken and stuck in the mud that is.

Martyn, it seems to be your topics where the NEXT and PREV buttons don't work - is there something you're doing different to everyone else, that makes it necessary to close each picture and open the next one, without being able to click on those useful buttons?

Since the recent changes to Flickr, I just copy and paste the image location as Black Pearl suggested in a thread where I raised the issue. That would suggest that if BP hosts his pictures on Flickr, his posts should have the same problem.

Nope, I've just looked at a couple of BP threads and I can "next" and "previous" through them. Dunno what it is I'm doing but I would like to make it as easy as posible for folks to browse my pics. Ideas anyone?

Cheers Chris, the Sigma 10-20mm is great for getting close and low down. I reckon I could have reached out and touched the boat from my shooting position.

Yes it is under water. I put my camera in one of those clear plastic Ferrero Rocher chocolate boxes and stripped down to my undies for this one! :X            ;)             :rofl:

A better use than holding the most overrated chocolate in history! (I speak as a confirmed chocaholic...). Which is weird, as the same company makes the utterly sublime Mon Cheri - cherry liqueur chocs for anyone unfamiliar with the name.

A smashing set once again,Marty. Did you only put the box on the top of the water?

Sorry Nanny, that was meant as a joke, hence the winky and smiley etc. The boat was laid on it's side on the sand just after the tide had gone out. If you look at pic #5, the boat on the left, you can just see the propeller.

I'm using the 7" tablet most of the time since having my knee done and my eyes aren't brilliant so can I be excused please?

It does give the impression as being underwater, and I really did think that you had the lens against the flat plastic box while resting it on the surface of the water.

I guess it could really be done when you think about it, but very risky. Lol

Sorry Nanny, that was meant as a joke, hence the winky and smiley etc. The boat was laid on it's side on the sand just after the tide had gone out. If you look at pic #5, the boat on the left, you can just see the propeller.

I'm afraid I missed the joke too - I thought you were being serious, as the picture really does have that 'underwater' look about it.

Archived