Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Scotland F.A.O. Clicker

Well You did ask, Clicker.  

The view from Applecross' summit.....

1670744573_Applecrossdrive.thumb.jpg.34d763377b09da87ba9153262dbf6a4d.jpg

No Idea where this is.......I was totally lost when I took this.

846296724_HighlandView.thumb.jpg.ecdee44fa1d8cc2a9417d9e23789d2ac.jpg

Some really moody mountains approaching Western Highlands

1651841191_MoodyMountains.thumb.jpg.95682bf13345abd4ddecae49cff30a57.jpg

A place to live.

1689519833_HouseandLoch.thumb.jpg.f536d2bffd417fa14bebce1ca2ca91f7.jpg

Thanks Fogey ....some glorious  vistas there ... I remember driving over Applecross pass   years ago  and being  more than a little scared of meeting another car on some of those roads .... Pulling into a passing place  that had a few hundred feet  drop on the left  made  me slightly less aware of  the beautiful surroundings at time I must admit ... eyes were just fixed on the road ahead !!:yes It looks like you really were at one with the countryside .... it is  a wonderful place  and  you have captured a lot of it's majesty and  allure ... thanks 😉

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

The whole set is a great advert for the  areas of Scotland that you visited. I read however this week that some of the local population were not happy with  being inundated this year with camper  vans and caravans travelling on this well advertised route as the infrastructure was / is  not  equipped to cope  with such a large influx of visitors ... Apparently chemical toilets etc were emptied in inappropriate places... rubbish left on roadsides ...  Such a shame  but it just goes to show one needs to anticipate the effects of promoting things,  with the power of the internet and social media able to reach millions of people now .

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Clicker said:

The whole set is a great advert for the  areas of Scotland that you visited. I read however this week that some of the local population were not happy with  being inundated this year with camper  vans and caravans travelling on this well advertised route as the infrastructure was / is  not  equipped to cope  with such a large influx of visitors ... Apparently chemical toilets etc were emptied in inappropriate places... rubbish left on roadsides ...  Such a shame  but it just goes to show one needs to anticipate the effects of promoting things,  with the power of the internet and social media able to reach millions of people now .

I got that anti-British feeling when I was there Clicker.  While the locals took your money happily enough, the resentment was coming off them in waves.  

It has to be said, while I was there I didn't hear any foreign languages spoken but plenty if different English dialects - I guess the Minorca mob was forced to holiday in this country as there was no foreign travel allowed.

I did see a lot of people in campervans wild camping at the side of the lochs - they simply turned up and stayed at one place for the week/fortnight or whatever and acted as if they owned the place.

The lochs, in some cases, resembled a seaside beach in Spain.  Certainly, I travelled to a loch to photograph some wildlife - I got my wish but it wasn't the furry kind of animal that I expected.

I did notice some roadside notices saying that permits were needed for wild camping which appeared to be largely ignored by the campervan brigade.  There was one instance where a family in two campervans turned an access to a loch into their personal camping site, where they hogged the entire end of the loch, denying parking for other tourists.

Plebs.thumb.jpg.a03ae2382abe964f30399ea9b03b9151.jpg

Such a shame Fogey ...a lot of ignorant people about I'm afraid .... they spoil it for everyone ...and sadly  are usually oblivious to  how inconsiderate their behaviour is ..... both to other visitors and the local people ...  understandably ... we are all then tarred with the same brush !😧